Exhaust valve seizure.

If you unplug the servo motor from the wiring loom you get a warning light on the dash and a code on the ECU.
I fitted a Remus system so didn't need the servo but found I could move it to the space above the battery where it's out of the way and can still whirr away to its hearts content without getting exposed to road muck down at the bottom of the engine.

It's that thingy, that squeaks when you turn the bike off, oh and then it stops squeaking, because it's seized.

Terry

Mine doesn't. I've got the full Akra.:green gri

Less to go wrong ;)

It's that thingy, that squeaks when you turn the bike off, oh and then it stops squeaking, because it's seized.

Terry
No it's not. It's the valve/s in the cylinder head that are opened by the camshaft and closed by spring/s. JJH

What does one do with the exhaust valve when one fits Agro headers??

I assume you mean Akra headers, unless you're talking about the ones that Att has on his bikes?:D

If so, it stays attached to the old headers, on a shelf in your garage.

If so said:
What happens with the cables? Do you get warnings showing and/or do you need to have the bike's canbus system tweaked to tell it the valve is no longer there? :confused:

What happens with the cables? Do you get warnings showing and/or do you need to have the bike's canbus system tweaked to tell it the valve is no longer there? :confused:

If you disconnect the cables from the actuating motor the valve still thinks its working as its gone thro it set up movement , so this wont thro up a code. Worked for me.

If you disconnect the cables from the actuating motor the valve still thinks its working as its gone thro it set up movement , so this wont thro up a code. Worked for me.

So on the shelf you should have original pipes and the cables and the cover plate (plus a few bolts)

I have just had mine replaced on a 3 months old GSA. It started squealing about 6 weeks ago. Dealer striped and greased the original, but it only lasted a day before the squeal came back.

Let's see how long this lasts.

Never had an issue with my previous GS (50,000 miles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Who actually makes this part? It would seem like a good idea to sell my shares in BMW and buy into this exhaust manufacturer. Incidentally when a manufacturer is calculating their greenhouse credibility do multiple parts like exhausts drive shafts engines ect adversely affect the outcome? JJH

A gentleman of this Parish has had 4 replaced under warranty on his LC, but that was in over 75k miles!

He's now seen the light and bought a full Akra system :cool:

I think the valve is permanently open once disconnected, has anyone used a different style heat shield than the standard one to cover both the valve and the connection? I'd be interested to see such a combo

Thanks, that's nice and simple for once. :D

Back
Top Bottom