Best Adventure Bike Ever ?

Shows how we are all different then I thought it was a bag of shite only time i've been happy to lose money when I sold it

Exactly !

We're all different.Some muppets buy a GS that needs an engine change after 6 months,judging by pages and pages on another thread.I guess that's one way to keep engine corrosion at bay-change the whole bloody thing !!

Sent from my iPad using Twattybollox

OMFG I can only magine what the hype would have been if the GSLC was crowned the winner !! but it wasn't in fact it wasn't in the top 50 but the Suzuki Van Van was LOL that made me chuckle,
guys as ive statedbefore ive owned them all Explorers, GsLC, GS ADV, GS Rallye, Triple Black, 1150s, 1200s, Crosstourers, multistrada, Versys 1000 Gen2, 990 Adventures 1190 Adventure R, Africa Twins 750, and now the 1000 and for me the Africa is a really great bike, ergonomically it fits me perfectly and for that im happy and still impressed with the whole package

They have all got there problems and none of them are perfect where one fails another excels for me the Africa twin is the best overall package and thats not talking from being sat in front of a magazine or computer screen ive actually owned and ridden them for at least 100 miles before selling them and moving on to the next whim
:D

It is a good bike but it's only "the best" if it's plus points are the things you personally like. We all have different "bests" . The GS despite being generally the most expensive to own has out sold everything and been the benchmark for 20 odd years. That's probably not going to change.

Is it going to be your "keeper" then ? :augie:thumb

Exactly !

We're all different.Some muppets buy a GS that needs an engine change after 6 months,judging by pages and pages on another thread.I guess that's one way to keep engine corrosion at bay-change the whole bloody thing !!

Sent from my iPad using Twattybollox

Corrosion, you say? You've not mentioned that before.:nenau

Corrosion, you say? You've not mentioned that before.:nenau

Corroding GSs seems to be a feature of many threads on this forum. But failing engines is catching up fast !!
Nice that BMW supply you a different quality bike to everyone else that never has an issues !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

If the Africa Twin is the best bike Arsey has ever owned, why does he need a KTM, a Kawasaki, a scooter and now a Yamaha MT10 ?

I wonder how many women he has had in his life !

Corroding GSs seems to be a feature of many threads on this forum. But failing engines is catching up fast !!
Nice that BMW supply you a different quality bike to everyone else that never has an issues !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Do you honestly believe that I would keep buying GS's if mine actually had these issues? Of course I wouldn't. I could buy any bike I want, so ask yourself why I keep buying GS's.;)

If the Africa Twin is the best bike Arsey has ever owned, why does he need a KTM, a Kawasaki, a scooter and now a Yamaha MT10 ?

I wonder how many women he has had in his life !

I don't own a Kawasaki,apart from the scoot,which I bought to use locally as I didn't have a car and I don't NEED more than one bike-who does ? But many of us have multiple bikes because we can.I guess you can't. :comfort

And marrying the first girl you slept with was very sweet and honourable,but you didn't have too !!! Or did you ? :blast

Do you honestly believe that I would keep buying GS's if mine actually had these issues? Of course I wouldn't. I could buy any bike I want, so ask yourself why I keep buying GS's.;)

Because the RCV 213 V-S would play havoc with your dodgy back ??

I've only ever owned 2 GSAs, the 1150 SE was the first and a new 1200 GSA LC was purchased last year. For the type of riding I do which ranges from "spirited" road rides for fun, loading the bike up for camping trips all over Europe, bit of fun on the trails, riding across Spain into Morocco and playing off road in the Riff to fully loading it up for a few weeks of continental riding with the wife i wouldn't want any other bike. I've never had any issues with corrosion, engine failure or poor quality and never had to call on the services of BMW assist for any issues...

For me, the GSA does it all and very well indeed....

It's all down to individual taste and preference, I love the boxer engine and the sheer road presence of the GSA and don't believe any other bike comes close to it in that respect...

Indeed :) and why do so many others?

Because it's the best allround bike. It would be easy to jump on all the threads with issues with other bikes, but they get all sulky when the shoe is on the other foot.:comfort And I can't be arsed!:D

The pleasure is in knowing.;)

I don't own a Kawasaki,apart from the scoot,which I bought to use locally as I didn't have a car and I don't NEED more than one bike-who does ? But many of us have multiple bikes because we can.I guess you can't. :comfort

And marrying the first girl you slept with was very sweet and honourable,but you didn't have too !!! Or did you ? :blast

I seem to recall that you had a Versys that was the best thing since sliced bread, so that has gone now ? How long will you keep the MT10 and the Honda. I am no psychoanalyst but you seem to have a hell of a chip on your shoulder and yes I married the first girl I slept with many many years ago and am still happily married to her.

BTW, I could afford any mainstream bike that I wanted, you're not the only one with the dosh to be able to do so. It so happens that after owning a Suzuki, a Honda then a Yamaha, I prefer my GS LC to any of them, and please no quips about riding it as far as Tescos. My 2013 has now done 19000 miles including half a dozen Scotland trips, France many times, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Switzerland.

The only problem I had was a puncture.

I also find it amusing how all the Africa Twin owners seem to morph their bikes into GS look a likes with their panniers etc, which personally I hate.

Nutty and Eng meet up to go shopping for a new bike........

bjs-blinkered-leading-the-blinkered-723x1024.jpg

The best Adventure bike is the one you have your best adventures on! :beerjug:

I also find it amusing how all the Africa Twin owners seem to morph their bikes into GS look a likes with their panniers etc, which personally I hate.

So fitting panniers to an Africa Twin makes it into a GS look-a-like ?

Not quite following you there because fitting panniers to the AT doesn't transform it into an over-styled rust bucket.But I applaud your one woman/one bike policy.

I seem to recall that you had a Versys that was the best thing since sliced bread, so that has gone now ? How long will you keep the MT10 and the Honda. I am no psychoanalyst but you seem to have a hell of a chip on your shoulder and yes I married the first girl I slept with many many years ago and am still happily married to her.

BTW, I could afford any mainstream bike that I wanted, you're not the only one with the dosh to be able to do so. It so happens that after owning a Suzuki, a Honda then a Yamaha, I prefer my GS LC to any of them, and please no quips about riding it as far as Tescos. My 2013 has now done 19000 miles including half a dozen Scotland trips, France many times, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Switzerland.

The only problem I had was a puncture.

Great post . Someone needed to say it

Arsey this GS hating is getting a bit stale mate, you need to cast your net a bit wider
:augie
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/426758-Have-a-crawl-under-your-9T-chaps

All joking aside I would love to buy another GS but I like to buy my bikes 12-18mths old and keep them for a few years and these issues are just a pain while the bikes in warranty but would scare the shit out of me if buying a used one. It's a shame because I absolutely love the way the GS rides . My Crosstourer has a better engine and the DCT gearbox (on the road) is bloody fantastic BUT it just doesn't "ride" quite like a GS does. However the Honda build quality and the way it's screwed together is evident when you own one and definitely better than my 11plate Twin Cam.

All of the Europen brands are enjoying unparalleled sales success at the moment and seem to be able to produce bikes that people aspire to own , they are much better at design, marketing a 'lifestyle' and creating desirable products than the Japanese. The Japs are trying but not succeeding eg Yamaha - The Dark Sons campaign.

In the back of the mag that Arsey linked to there is a small piece about another Honda (just coincidentally, it could have been another Jap bike) the 2015> Crossrunner, a bike often derided mainly for its silly name and overlooked by buyers.

The guy comments on what a great bike it is with , in his opinion , some of the best build quality of any Honda. The original Crossrunner wasn't that good but I have read several group test where the new , much improved one, comes out top dog bikes like the tiger XRX, F800, and MV Tourismo.

Jap bikes just don't seem to excite like other brands and many GS owners seem to deride other Adventure styled bikes as just poor copies of the almighty GS. Hell, some even think that adding useful additions like panniers to your bike means that you are just trying to turn it into a GS copy ;)

For the record I have owned and loved an 1100, 1150 and 2011 1200GS . (12,000 , 50,000 and 60,000 miles respectively )

Back
Top Bottom