Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K1600GT vs a GS

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtonMoon View Post
    Ouch !!! I had £19k in my head, we'll see what happens.
    Excludes sat nav.

So add that to £21500.... I think the latest Nav 6 is £675.

Looking at changing my GS Rallye for a 2013 K1600GT SE - fortunately it will come with the 2 year warranty.

A couple of questions - does the GT-SE come with the adaptive headlamp ?

Were most of the early gremlins resolved by 2013 ?

Cheers
    John
    Dogs welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Buckingham View Post
    Looking at changing my GS Rallye for a 2013 K1600GT SE

A couple of questions - does the GT-SE come with the adaptive headlamp ?

Were most of the early gremlins resolved by 2013 ?
    If it's not standard, it's available as an option. Your dealership or the BMW website will tell you.

I am on my third 1600, owning and riding the first two over 100,000 miles between them, the first being one of the first in the UK. The glitches * with the first bike did not reappear with the second nor now on the third.

Buy, use and enjoy with confidence. It really is a very good motorcycle.

* Pull to the left. Water pump leak. Dodgy left hand switchgear. Egg beater transmission. Radiator cap. The radiator cap and dodgy switchgear was not limited to the 1600, it also found its way into the 800 series bikes of the same (limited) production period.

I have the 1600 Exclussive and find it top heavy compared to my 1200GS, though it rides smoothly at speed it becomes difficult to manhandle on uneven surfaces at slow speeds due to its weight.Plus whilst I can pick up the 1200 the 1600 is definatly not a safe single person lift in any way shape or form.
    Caution : May stop suddenly

From a pillion perspective I'd hop on the K1600 over the GS any day, there's more space between Rider and pillion, the back rest is 1000 x better and the seat is far more comfy, also the suspension can be adjusted to a different setting which helps smooth out the bumps. You may need to change screens if your pillion is tall, the GT screen causes a lot of buffering for a pillion. My hubby says he doesn't know I'm there on the K as the bike just performs the same whether he's solo with no luggage or two up and fully loaded.
    We had a 12 plate which had a few issues and now have a 16 plate, they have definitely ironed out the problems over the earlier model. Don't get me wrong I love the GS as I ride one myself but as pillion it's the K1600 every time.

I get mine next week !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123