Superten sofar

redcap

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Super ten sofar ! It has been a bit hit and miss to be fair.
I have covered 8000 miles sofar without any technical problems .
It is extremely comfortable ,most of my riding consists of 500 to 700 mile days out to Wales.
I love the engine ,i have fitted a full Arrow system and powercommander .Mark Brewin at BSD weaved his magic and it now pumps out 102bhp at the rear wheel with 85lbft of tourque .This has eradicated the snatchy throttle in sport mode too!
I am still working on the screen. I have tried a Givi touring screen ,Puig touring screen and the original on the original adjustable mount and also the Madstad bracket i currently have fitted . All without success ,an annoying buzzing persists whichever helmet i use Shoei Hornet adv or Shoei gt air.
I currently run the Madstad bracket with Givi Airflow screen which has so much adjustment but still is not quite right .
The suspension has about 84 settings but i cannot seem to get it right ,it always seems too harsh even in soft -3 rider only.I dropped the forks through the yokes to speed the steering up a bit which has helped .
I would be interested to hear any ideas anyone has .
I have a Holan pro pannier frame fitted with excellent ARDcases(would say that though)
It did make me laugh when booking it in for its first proper service ,as i am 2000 miles overdue .Iasked the guy at the dealers if this was anything to worry about and he replied "it's a Yamaha sir they do not break" I seem to remember the BMW guy getting very picky about the service on my old 1200gs though .
Anyhow anybody else feel the same about their s10
cheers
ps sorry about the pic quality

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,085
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,140
Looks good Roger, I had one myself for a while:)

700 mile days? I had one 700 mile day riding home from Geneva and decided never again! In fact I would not ride 500 miles in a day unless I was on a promise of a happy ending with Zachary Quinto or Russell Tovey.

Nice looking bike :) It was the colour I wanted but couldn't find one at the time!
I'm 2k into my non ES and I love it. Very comfortable, the engine is a peach but it sounds horrible, fitted a Yoshimura RS4 which burbles nicely! I had some issues with buffeting, not head shaking like I had on my Strom but it's very noisy, I fitted a screen extension from a guy in Russia and it's cured it, visor up at 80mph is an option if I want, a good buy at £38! Can't see me changing it for a very long time!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

700 mile days? I had one 700 mile day riding home from Geneva and decided never again! In fact I would not ride 500 miles in a day unless I was on a promise of a happy ending with Zachary Quinto or Russell Tovey.

Wessie I dont get out much so make the most of it when i do .The last day was 6am start got back 2am the following morning .Happy days

Nice looking bike :) It was the colour I wanted but couldn't find one at the time!
I'm 2k into my non ES and I love it. Very comfortable, the engine is a peach but it sounds horrible, fitted a Yoshimura RS4 which burbles nicely! I had some issues with buffeting, not head shaking like I had on my Strom but it's very noisy, I fitted a screen extension from a guy in Russia and it's cured it, visor up at 80mph is an option if I want, a good buy at £38! Can't see me changing it for a very long time!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yoyo what is this extender ? i tried a wunderlich one which clips on the edge.It was ok but not the answer .

Wessie I dont get out much so make the most of it when i do .The last day was 6am start got back 2am the following morning .Happy days

Sounds horrible :)

I tend to go for more frequent but shorter rides. There again, I have the Cotswolds on the doorstep and I can be in the Brecon Beacons in an hour.

Screens: I found the 2010 mk1 XTZ1200 screen fine but I was swapping from an R1150GS which is rubbish. On my Tracer I tried a few option but found fitting a Puig deflector did the job. http://www.puig.tv/tuning-bikes/multiregulable-visor-clip-on/c171en/f452-r316/

1600kms in and I love mine so far. Got the same colour and panniers, although I am still working out how to mount them onto HB rails. Mine came with a large screen, which I think might be Yamaha, mounted on a Touratech bracket providing endless positions to try. I tried the original screen out of curiosity and the difference was night & day. I'm 5'10" if that helps.

Sounds horrible :)

Same here, but about 2 hours from Wales so only go there once or twice a year for a day out, normally about 350 miles which is about as much as I fancy for a day trip avoiding motorways. More typical ride outs are a few hours pottering along on the Cotswold back lanes which really suited the Super Tenere.

Only time I ever did more than that was on the way to the Alps / Black Forest etc where I would crank out 400+ miles just to get to the good bits quickly.

I found the Givi Airflow screen pretty good, I am onto screen number 3 on the KTM and none have worked anywhere near as good as my S10 setup (which also had the Yamaha "Wingletts")

S10

Same here, but about 2 hours from Wales so only go there once or twice a year for a day out, normally about 350 miles which is about as much as I fancy for a day trip avoiding motorways. More typical ride outs are a few hours pottering along on the Cotswold back lanes which really suited the Super Tenere.

Only time I ever did more than that was on the way to the Alps / Black Forest etc where I would crank out 400+ miles just to get to the good bits quickly.

I found the Givi Airflow screen pretty good, I am onto screen number 3 on the KTM and none have worked anywhere near as good as my S10 setup (which also had the Yamaha "Wingletts")

Hi,not sure how to contact you properly hope you get this? i am shit with computers,after many years with Gsss i am sick of issues so want to try something else,tried new dl 1000 quite good ,had new ktm 1290 s all weekend quick but rough around the edges? had s 10 last weekend and it was v good at everything just want to hear of someone thats owned one before i order managed to get a good price on a 2017 but would have to order many thanks Paul.

Had mine since July 2016. I had four Gas Adventures previously and all of them had issues. The Yamaha has been faultless. I had the seat modified to improve the comfort but all other adjustments to improve comfort have been simple. Averaging 54mpg and spend most of the time in tour mode. Sport mode is good but only once your moving in lots of traffic free areas. I really do like this bike and would recommend it to anyone fancying a change.

Thanks i just need the BMW thing knocked out of me? looked at the s 10 a few years ago and walked away ,i am in a good position to buy as i sold my gs privately and have got a good price from local dealer, i tend to change my bike about every 18 months and the only worry is what will it be worth. I did 200 miles last weekend on a 2015 tenere and was quite impressed quick enough ,handles really well,screen shite? comfy ,and like yourself i thinks it feels better in t mode a shame because it flys in s mode but its a bit snatchy watch this space:blast

Now on my 3rd S10!

First was an ex demonstrator with all the bits I wanted. After about a year they brought out the Worldcrosser, so a deal was struck with all my accessories being transferred across, Eighteen months later and 15k miles I was knocked off by a myopic 85 year old turning right. Fortunately I was virtually uninjured and the bike suffered only cosmetic damage but it gave me the excuse to pex (with my compensation) for an ES model. Again as part of the deal I had all my accessories transferred to the new bike so I now have an XT1200ES Worldcrosser if that makes sense.

So I've travelled over 50k on S10s and thought I'd broke down once in Germany when all the electrics went dead and the bike wouldn't start. Turned out to be a loose battery connection that was totally my fault.

Basically I rate these bikes. They are fast enough for me. comfortable, economical and VERY reliable. Would I sell mine....probably.....and replace it with a new one!

Percentage wise you'll take quite a hit if you sell/pex in about 18 months but because of the purchase cost (there are some VERY good deals to be had) compared to many of it's rivals you'll probably lose a lot less cash

Mike

S10

Now on my 3rd S10!

First was an ex demonstrator with all the bits I wanted. After about a year they brought out the Worldcrosser, so a deal was struck with all my accessories being transferred across, Eighteen months later and 15k miles I was knocked off by a myopic 85 year old turning right. Fortunately I was virtually uninjured and the bike suffered only cosmetic damage but it gave me the excuse to pex (with my compensation) for an ES model. Again as part of the deal I had all my accessories transferred to the new bike so I now have an XT1200ES Worldcrosser if that makes sense.

So I've travelled over 50k on S10s and thought I'd broke down once in Germany when all the electrics went dead and the bike wouldn't start. Turned out to be a loose battery connection that was totally my fault.

Basically I rate these bikes. They are fast enough for me. comfortable, economical and VERY reliable. Would I sell mine....probably.....and replace it with a new one!

Percentage wise you'll take quite a hit if you sell/pex in about 18 months but because of the purchase cost (there are some VERY good deals to be had) compared to many of it's rivals you'll probably lose a lot less cash

Mike
Well gone and done it new s10 es ordered supposed to come first week in june hope ive done the right thing:comfort,considering they are poor sellers ive struggled to get one? rang quite a few of the adverts on ebay for pre reg ones and all sold,poss just put adds on to get you to ring and the get you to buy anew one,watch this space:D

There seems to me ,,to many more of these about now ,taken a while to "catch on"
but they are getting out there .
Here's mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 738
S10

There seems to me ,,to many more of these about now ,taken a while to "catch on"
but they are getting out there .
Here's mine

Looks good, cant quite see but have you got the yamaha belly pan on been looking at givi one or genuine?

Well gone and done it new s10 es ordered supposed to come first week in june hope ive done the right thing:comfort,considering they are poor sellers ive struggled to get one? rang quite a few of the adverts on ebay for pre reg ones and all sold,poss just put adds on to get you to ring and the get you to buy anew one,watch this space:D

Enjoy your new bike.

If you've had GSes in the past it may take you a while to get used to the S10. Persevere and you will probably learn to love it.

Might see you around one day

Mike

Hi BMSOULS I'm just about to order a new one myself. I had the 2011 and 2014 es model loved both and really don't know why I changed to a 2015 LC GSA. Kept it 4 months and bought the BMW S1000XR. A rocket ship but don't think its for me. Which colour did you go for¿ I'm lucky in that I have accessories from last bike to fit ie paniers top box wingleyts which I didn't find done much a screeen. So just have to decide now whether to sell the XR and go for a 7 stone heavier 60 less brake horse power Tenere?

Back
Top Bottom