Superten sofar

S10

Hi BMSOULS I'm just about to order a new one myself. I had the 2011 and 2014 es model loved both and really don't know why I changed to a 2015 LC GSA. Kept it 4 months and bought the BMW S1000XR. A rocket ship but don't think its for me. Which colour did you go for¿ I'm lucky in that I have accessories from last bike to fit ie paniers top box wingleyts which I didn't find done much a screeen. So just have to decide now whether to sell the XR and go for a 7 stone heavier 60 less brake horse power Tenere?

Hi,had an xr for 6 /7 months got one of the first ones from AJ Shipley everybody said it was going to be a fast GS,yes it was fast but no gs,the suspension was crap,basically a sports bike with high bars.The only way i could get out of it without blowing a fortune was to buy another gs? .Bought a 150 mile!!! gs 9 months old,did a couple of thousand miles on it and then discovered the dreaded corrosion on engine ,gearbox,and shaft housing BMW with the help of my dealer refunded my money.Thats how i have ended up at the S10 situation will let you know how it goes,done a couple of hundred miles on a demo one and it seems to be very well put together a little bit down on power but very deceiving you think it not going well till you look at speedo and you can be doing 80/90 mph on the back roads (sorry officer i meant 60) will report in after a couple of weeks owning it.:thumb2 PS forgot to say getting a blue/satin grey one, 2017 colour

Last edited:
It's the blue I'm going for atm. I got work done to ecu on my 14 es model and it changed the beast. The T was equivalent if not better that the old S mode which in turn went up to I think 119bhp. Keep in touch with you're new one photo would be good. Any boxes etc?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I put on arrow headers on my 2011 and had it custom mapped on a dyno and the power was increased a lot, it started at 91BHP the first time I had it on a dyno, the arrow headers (with no other mods) showed an extra 6BHP on the same dyno - but fuelling was awful just of idle.

I had an ECU Unleashed map put on the bike first which did not fix the surge so later went and had the custom remap, the last dyno run was 104BHP - but this was about 2 years after first run and on a different dyno so not a great comparison, Arrow claim 9BHP for the system and 2BHP for the end can, so the extra 6 ponies I saw from the headers makes sense, and I would imagine having the fuelling spot on is good for another 3-5 so I think 10+ BHP is easily achievable, I did try the Arrow can, but combined with the headers it was a bit loud for my liking (But I really do not like anything much louder than stock)

I suspect the later bikes with Arrow Headers and a good remap will gain around 10BHP - it also allows the bike to breather a lot better high up and rev out rather than fade early.

Probably easier to just buy a more powerful bike, but if you love everything else about the bike it is probably worth spending £500 to bring it up to around GSLC power.

S10

It's the blue I'm going for atm. I got work done to ecu on my 14 es model and it changed the beast. The T was equivalent if not better that the old S mode which in turn went up to I think 119bhp. Keep in touch with you're new one photo would be good. Any boxes etc?

Who did the ecu remap? i maybe put a can on but as rasher says below he didnt like it loud im prob the same? the demo one i had in sport mode was a bit twitchy but in t mode a bit fluffy low down be nice if i could sort that,dont even get the bike till sat,no boxes as yet:thumby:

It was a guy outside Dublin his name and details escape me but I have it somewhere. There are a few in the UK also

I had a 70 mile run on one today and the weight seems to be a problem for me now. I've arthritis issues and didn't think it was an issue but riding back to back with the XR well it's now become one. So I'm not going to make the change atm😢

Who did the ecu remap? i maybe put a can on but as rasher says below he didnt like it loud im prob the same? the demo one i had in sport mode was a bit twitchy but in t mode a bit fluffy low down be nice if i could sort that,dont even get the bike till sat,no boxes as yet:thumby:
mototuning.ie

A lad called Gary Donohue

Sent from a OnePlusX.

S10 report vs GS

mototuning.ie

A lad called Gary Donohue

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Hi,just reporting back after 1800 miles on my tenere es,bike feels really good,as quick as a gs,gs maybe has the edge on handling on bumpy back roads (jury still out on that one) finish seems excellent,no issues fingers crossed,first service £60,dash very good ,heated grips excellent.Fitted one of these booster plug doofers seems to have helped a fair bit in the slow running department,only done a 150 miles with that will let you know,also fitted a yoshi can mint quality and fit but not sure if i like the noise,must be an age thing. Only thing im not a 100% with is the seat comfort,i have done the mod to level the seat out but i can only manage 80 miles or so and i need to be off,which is a shame because fuel consumption is mint.not sure which way to go with seat will let you know:clap

Hi,just reporting back after 1800 miles on my tenere es,bike feels really good,as quick as a gs,gs maybe has the edge on handling on bumpy back roads (jury still out on that one) finish seems excellent,no issues fingers crossed,first service £60,dash very good ,heated grips excellent.Fitted one of these booster plug doofers seems to have helped a fair bit in the slow running department,only done a 150 miles with that will let you know,also fitted a yoshi can mint quality and fit but not sure if i like the noise,must be an age thing. Only thing im not a 100% with is the seat comfort,i have done the mod to level the seat out but i can only manage 80 miles or so and i need to be off,which is a shame because fuel consumption is mint.not sure which way to go with seat will let you know:clap
Cheers for that.

My wish list....

2015 XT1200ZE
Remap
Bumot panniers
Full exhaust with Yoshi or Akra can
Good bash plate
Good crash bars
Factory spots + crash bar spots.

Lots of carbon "world crosser" bits.

I need a good proper spin on one to see will it excite me in the handling department.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Changed my S10 a while ago but I had a seat modified by Tony Archer - bought used from here and then sold on later. Quite an improvement.

S10 SEAT

Changed my S10 a while ago but I had a seat modified by Tony Archer - bought used from here and then sold on later. Quite an improvement.

Hi,can i ask what you had to do with the seat? we have an excellent seat guy in S,Shields but i dont know what i need? tried gel pads in numerous bikes with no luck, not sure if i need harder (thats def an age thing) or softer:blast

Hi,can i ask what you had to do with the seat? we have an excellent seat guy in S,Shields but i dont know what i need? tried gel pads in numerous bikes with no luck, not sure if i need harder (thats def an age thing) or softer:blast

I have a Touratech Comfort seat that I wish to sell. I live in Northumberland as well. Would be happy to let you try it out if you are interested?
Rob

s10 seat

I have a Touratech Comfort seat that I wish to sell. I live in Northumberland as well. Would be happy to let you try it out if you are interested?
Rob

Hi,def interested,just got back after a couple of days away mobile 07814 730714 or i can ring you many thanks Paul.:thumby:

Hello bmsouls. Had the issue as you mentioned with the seat. Had it modified with memory foam. A little better but not much. I have just returned form a 2800 mile tour of Europe and can promise you Airhawk is the way to go. Did 600 miles in one day. I don't think a modified seat would be anywhere near as comfortable.
Good luck with your choice.
Cheers
Grant

s10 seat

Hi,def interested,just got back after a couple of days away mobile 07814 730714 or i can ring you many thanks Paul.:thumby:

Hi,is there anyway through the forum that i can contact MIDLIFE he offered me a seat last week but i cant seem to get a :nenau:nenau:nenaureply

Hi there, forgot I posted here......sorry. Will call you today
Rob

XT1200

Thinking about getting an XT12 - anyone know if a dealer near(ish?) to Grantham who has a demo bike? Tried Webbs in Peterborough but they don't have one. Read a variety of reviews but want to try for myself before parting with any cash....

Bob

HarrisBikeNut

Don't know if it helps but Tinklers in Norwich normally have a demo or at least have one to ride, contact Adam he is very helpful , unfortunately its a 2/3 hours away.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom