Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've found it! The holy grail in chain lube!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I've found it! The holy grail in chain lube!

Finally, after trying just about every chain lube that guarantees "no flick", I've actually found one that doesn't flick. At all. Nothing!

500 miles since I applied it, ridden in rain, triple figure speeds (all in the name of testing ), and there was not one spot of chain lube on the rear wheel before I washed the bike today.

And the winner is........

SDOC100 White chain spray.

I'm extremely impressed. I'd normally have to spend time getting all the tar off the rear wheel, number plate and rear painted panels after washing it, but didn't have to today.

I've also been using their chain cleaner. Spray on, leave for 15 minutes, agitate slightly with a chain brush, and the chain comes up like new (7200 miles on the clock).

The first two pictures are of the clean chain, the third is after a liberal coating of lube. They even do a plastic guard for the can, so you don't spray the whole bike with lube!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thanks for that, I have to do the same job soon and was wondering what the modern way was.
    Last time I had a chain drive it was a tin of graphite grease on the stove when our mum was out.
    Giving my age away there.
    Cheers
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Jimeroo View Post
    Thanks for that, I have to do the same job soon and was wondering what the modern way was.
    Last time I had a chain drive it was a tin of graphite grease on the stove when our mum was out.
    Cheers
    James
    It's a job I don't particularly look forward to, but this stuff makes it so much easier.

That's good to know have an unused tin knocking about in the garage, always used wurth of late.

Ps that chain is insanely clean, mine has gone brown!

Quote Originally Posted by SiRich View Post
    That's good to know have an unused tin knocking about in the garage, always used wurth of late.

Ps that chain is insanely clean, mine has gone brown!
    The cleaner does bring the chain up like new.

The back of it has a few small rust spots though, so I'm trying to work out how to get rid of them.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice Rim.....
    Coming Soon: "Sands of Time" .... A Dali based homage to a Sand Racing Evo....

Cheers
    James
    I remember those big round tins of chain lard very well,you are old then James��
    Don't use Morris,s chain lube, flicks like a bitch and is like weld splatter to remove��

What turn table is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritou View Post
    What turn table is that?
    http://www.movetechukshop.co.uk/prod...50mm-diameter/

All of the sDoc100 products are excellent. Not used the chain lube though.

I've recently fitted a Tutoro oiler, it's absolutely superb!

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    The cleaner does bring the chain up like new.

The back of it has a few small rust spots though, so I'm trying to work out how to get rid of them.
    Cheers for the heads up Rich will give it a go although I fear it may be beyond rescue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cheers
    James
    I was always caught by the clouds of burnt grease lingering in the house

Quote Originally Posted by SiRich View Post
    Cheers for the heads up Rich will give it a go although I fear it may be beyond rescue.
    Nah, mine has looked like that after a trip away, this stuff will clean that up.

The other thing I do, when applying lube to a cold chain, and don't want to go back out, is use Mrs Nutty's hairdryer to warm the chain up. Don't tell her though, she thinks I don't know how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Nah, mine has looked like that after a trip away, this stuff will clean that up.

The other thing I do, when applying lube to a cold chain, and don't want to go back out, is use Mrs Nutty's hairdryer to warm the chain up. Don't tell her though, she thinks I don't know how to use it!
    Lol! Had a similar fight with my ex misses when I wanted to use her hairdryer to get some stickers off the GSXR. Maybe that was a sign the writing was on the wall!

Will give it a go, sans hairdryer.

Clean bikes are for pussys.

Slap plenty of old engine oil on, let it fling about a bit & there's your winter corrosion protection sorted

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Ric how very dare you! But your right this coming Wednesday I will have spent some 48 Years riding motorcycles, And it all started with a lambretta LD 150 And a dam fine machine it was. Cost me £25.
    Currently its a TC TB and every time I approach it it seems to get that little bit harder to manage, so tomoz im off to Branson's in Somerset for a spin on a Tracer.
    Take care.
    James

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast