I've found it! The holy grail in chain lube!

Nutty

Reaction score
Finally, after trying just about every chain lube that guarantees "no flick", I've actually found one that doesn't flick. At all. Nothing!

500 miles since I applied it, ridden in rain, triple figure speeds (all in the name of testing :green gri), and there was not one spot of chain lube on the rear wheel before I washed the bike today.

And the winner is........

SDOC100 White chain spray.

I'm extremely impressed. I'd normally have to spend time getting all the tar off the rear wheel, number plate and rear painted panels after washing it, but didn't have to today.:beerjug:

I've also been using their chain cleaner. Spray on, leave for 15 minutes, agitate slightly with a chain brush, and the chain comes up like new (7200 miles on the clock).

The first two pictures are of the clean chain, the third is after a liberal coating of lube. They even do a plastic guard for the can, so you don't spray the whole bike with lube!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,667
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,727
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,676
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,780
Thanks for that, I have to do the same job soon and was wondering what the modern way was.
Last time I had a chain drive it was a tin of graphite grease on the stove when our mum was out.
Giving my age away there.
Cheers
James

Thanks for that, I have to do the same job soon and was wondering what the modern way was.
Last time I had a chain drive it was a tin of graphite grease on the stove when our mum was out.
Cheers
James

It's a job I don't particularly look forward to, but this stuff makes it so much easier.

That's good to know have an unused tin knocking about in the garage, always used wurth of late.

Ps that chain is insanely clean, mine has gone brown!

That's good to know have an unused tin knocking about in the garage, always used wurth of late.

Ps that chain is insanely clean, mine has gone brown!

The cleaner does bring the chain up like new. :thumb

The back of it has a few small rust spots though, so I'm trying to work out how to get rid of them.:blast

Cheers
James

I remember those big round tins of chain lard very well,you are old then James��
Don't use Morris,s chain lube, flicks like a bitch and is like weld splatter to remove��

All of the sDoc100 products are excellent. Not used the chain lube though.

I've recently fitted a Tutoro oiler, it's absolutely superb!

The cleaner does bring the chain up like new. :thumb

The back of it has a few small rust spots though, so I'm trying to work out how to get rid of them.:blast

Cheers for the heads up Rich:thumb2 will give it a go although I fear it may be beyond rescue.:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,558
Cheers
James

I was always caught by the clouds of burnt grease lingering in the house

Cheers for the heads up Rich:thumb2 will give it a go although I fear it may be beyond rescue.:eek:

Nah, mine has looked like that after a trip away, this stuff will clean that up.

The other thing I do, when applying lube to a cold chain, and don't want to go back out, is use Mrs Nutty's hairdryer to warm the chain up. Don't tell her though, she thinks I don't know how to use it!:D

Nah, mine has looked like that after a trip away, this stuff will clean that up.

The other thing I do, when applying lube to a cold chain, and don't want to go back out, is use Mrs Nutty's hairdryer to warm the chain up. Don't tell her though, she thinks I don't know how to use it!:D

Lol! Had a similar fight with my ex misses when I wanted to use her hairdryer to get some stickers off the GSXR. Maybe that was a sign the writing was on the wall!

Will give it a go, sans hairdryer.

Clean bikes are for pussys.

Slap plenty of old engine oil on, let it fling about a bit & there's your winter corrosion protection sorted

Ric how very dare you! But your right this coming Wednesday I will have spent some 48 Years riding motorcycles, And it all started with a lambretta LD 150 And a dam fine machine it was. Cost me £25.
Currently its a TC TB and every time I approach it it seems to get that little bit harder to manage, so tomoz im off to Branson's in Somerset for a spin on a Tracer.
Take care.
James

Having received assurances that Nutty is not a hippy and can therefore be trusted I have ordered some of this and will give it a go instead of my PJ 1

If you don't get on with it, send it down to me.:thumb

Speaking as a hippy I'd be interested to know if it actually works as a chain lube, feck whether or not it keeps my back wheel clean :rolleyes:

Like, you know, is the chain still covered in the stuff after a 2 hr ride in the pissing rain (you do ride in the rain Nutty don't you?) etc etc blah blah blah :thumb

Andres

Speaking as a hippy I'd be interested to know if it actually works as a chain lube, feck whether or not it keeps my back wheel clean :rolleyes:

Like, you know, is the chain still covered in the stuff after a 2 hr ride in the pissing rain (you do ride in the rain Nutty don't you?) etc etc blah blah blah :thumb

Andres

I rode in the rain regularly, and yes, it stays on.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom