Stolen GS1150 !

mitch9

Reaction score
Hi All
Gutted rode my much loved and cared for 1150 GS for two nights break here in Leith Scotland . Parked it up steering lock on just to have evening meal last night to find GS gone when when we came out later 9pm ish !
Contacted police etc could anyone around this area keep an eye out for it please . Its the lovely Blue and White tank one and the number is YT03 CSV can post photos when i calm down .
Not sure i can do this on here but clutching at straws and desperate :(
Thanks

Hope i can upload this photo still shaking and upset !

Attachments

• Stolen GS.jpg
    Stolen GS.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 647
Sorry about your loss but you're the second to have a bike nicked that only had its steering lock on.

All factory fitted bike steering locks are completely useless (as you've discovered).
They take moments to defeat and only result in damage being done to the bike.
This has been the case ever since steering locks were first fitted.

A bike needs a quality locking device that secures the bike to an immovable object.
And even then a professional thief could have it away,but if your bike's security makes it noisy and slow to take most scumbags would likely leave it and take something else.

By the way,don't report a stolen GS1150 or there will be a search for a mid 1980s 4 cylinder Suzuki.

The stealing of the bike is bad enough, it's also the hassle of getting home from miles away. I feel your pain.

Hope you don't mind, but I've added this to "Scotland's Bikers Against Bike Crime" Facebook site.

There has been to many tourists bikes being nicked in Edinburgh of late. Bikes normally being nicked by "joyriding" neds. Hopefully it will turn up.

Neds have taken to posting up photos of their thefts on social media. Makes my blood boil:mad::mad::mad:

Yes thats great thanks , been out walking round for last few hours and found bits of my backbox on a council estate :anger:

My most favourite GS was that config, blue and white with a Remus end can, probably one of the few bikes I should have kept hold of. Hope you get yours back.

Yes thats great thanks , been out walking round for last few hours and found bits of my backbox on a council estate :anger:

If the estate is Fort House its was quite a rough area a few years ago dont know what its like now hope you find the bike before its gone forever

yes one of the best colours i think and was hoping to hang onto it myself :rolleyes:

The police will pretty much know who has stolen it.
The same group that steal bikes all the time around there. They occasionally get caught, slap on the wrist and back to their old tricks again.
They are totally brazen about it and have been known to steal bikes in broad daylight brandishing weapons at anyone who tries to stop them.
Total scum with no respect for anyone.
Skinning them alive in a bath of brine would be to good for them.

Out tonight see if any of the scum bags go out on it as staying one more night.
Can anyone local recommend an area here in Leith to walk round ?
Thanks

Out tonight see if any of the scum bags go out on it as staying one more night.
Can anyone local recommend an area here in Leith to walk round ?
Thanks
not unless you have a big fuck off dog, for leith see trainspotting.
seriously you can get another bike, leave it alone.

Try around Pilton and Granton. Possibly on the coast road from Granton to Cramond.

Be careful though, although the majority of the thieving scrotes are not much older than kids, they can be tooled up.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom