To ton Rider V5 Bluetooth issue

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

When this Tom Tom works it's great, however every now and again I get the issue where it either losses the connection to my IPhone 6 or it looses the connection to the cardio G9X headset. I can't understand what happens, it works for weeks without issue then all of a sudden out of the blue it will loose one.

The only way to get back is to reset the tomtom, even then it sometimes will only connect back to the headset or the phone and not both. If you keep trying eventually it will work after a few resets. Bloody annoying and sometimes when you try to connect prior to one of the numerous resets it states that the correct components are not installed. How this is possible given the thing works. This is the annoying thing if it works once it should keep working, if it didn't work once then fair enough I wouldn't be annoyed.

I have tried updating software no difference it eventually fails, go through the hard resets and it will come back.

Tomtom support are no use tried them a couple of times both phoning and emailing. It's not an issue with the cardo or the iPhone as these connect to the likes of the car with no issues.

At the point I like the Tom Tom always have but getting annoyed with this issue.

Anyone had similar and managed to get a permanent fix??

Thanks
Mark

Back
Top Bottom