Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2V

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    For some unknown reason as I've got older I've found myself wanting an old Guzzi California but I know I'm not gay so I can't understand it

I've never owned a Guzzi and I really should have one at some point and while I'd always thought I'd buy a MKI Le Mans one day I know I've missed that boat because the riding position would kill me after 50 miles.

The sport, which really isn't sporty in anyway, is only my second Guzzi. Shortly after swapping my Stelvio for an Explorer I knew it wouldn't be long before I had another Guzzi, albeit as a second bike.

They really do have a way of getting under your skin. Ride them on the torque and they are very rewarding to ride and can cover ground fairly quickly, try and push them and they can become a little unforgiving, well maybe not unforgiving, but not at their best.

Levers were very rough. Stripped of lacquer and polished. come up very nice.

Mirror stems. brake and clutch reservoirs stripped and repainted.

Almost back to a rolling chassis

Final colour scheme decided. Should all be done by mid Jan.

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Mr 'Owlie,
    Great resto! What paint did you use for the mirror stems & reservoirs?

Aye up Steve , I was looking at this thread at th weekend wondering when an update was coming 👍

Looking forward to seeing the paint
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Quote Originally Posted by bakerlonglegs View Post
    Hi Mr 'Owlie,
    Great resto! What paint did you use for the mirror stems & reservoirs?
    Good ole Hammerite satin smooth

Goomah!

What Ho, Steve!

Glad to see another Guzz on the mend.

Is this going to be "Goomah 2"? (http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...good-seeing-to!) Post 5.

Paint scheme is going to be marvellous. Many memories of the Gulf racing days - i went to school with John Wyer's daughter Pia. Long time ago…..

Fluff.

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    Good ole Hammerite satin smooth
    Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Bridges View Post
    What Ho, Steve!

Glad to see another Guzz on the mend.

Is this going to be "Goomah 2"? (http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...good-seeing-to!) Post 5.

Paint scheme is going to be marvellous. Many memories of the Gulf racing days - i went to school with John Wyer's daughter Pia. Long time ago…..

Fluff.
    Definitely Goomah 2

Tank badges have been removed and the indentations filled in. Moto Guzzi to be painted on in the Orange, outlined with black and the Eagle above.

Hopefully should all be painted by around 3rd week in Jan.

Don't know where the pics have vanished to

Any updates ?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Any updates ?
    Bikes all fully rebuilt, apart from the body work which is still at the painters. I spoke to him yesterday and he's promised me no later than 10th feb.

I'll try to get a few pics of the completed rolling chassis up. I'm off for a 'Cardiac Ablation' in the morning so it might be a few days before I get the chance.

Well, finally got a call from the painter saying everything is ready to pick up. Get to his workshop and all the bits are laid out on a bench and looking fantastic.

As I cast my eye across everything, something strikes me as not being right. Then I see it, the Moto Guzzi emblem on the tank, which is painted on, is the wrong way round i.e. the eagle is below the Moto Guzzi wording rather than above it. (sorry didn't have anything with me to take a pic)

I actually think it looks OK, but at the end of the day it's not right. So, I've got 3 days to wrestle with my dilemma. Do I leave it as it is, or do I ask him to do it right ?

You saw it straight away as will others. How many times do you fancy having thie same conversation. Explain to the painter your concerns and agree a solution to get it right. Just my view

You will NEVER live with it....It's got to be re-done.....I'm GUESSING that you know that....

There are a few pics of the finished bike on Facebook. If you type PaintzFiction into Google it will give you a link to the facebook site.

Sorry I don't know how to put in a link. I'll get some better pics up soon as it stops raining.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast