Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport 2V

What Ho, Steve!

Glad to see another Guzz on the mend.

Is this going to be "Goomah 2"? (http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ss-s-clothes-off-to-give-her-a-good-seeing-to!) Post 5.

Paint scheme is going to be marvellous. Many memories of the Gulf racing days - i went to school with John Wyer's daughter Pia. Long time ago…..

Fluff.

Definitely Goomah 2

Tank badges have been removed and the indentations filled in. Moto Guzzi to be painted on in the Orange, outlined with black and the Eagle above.

Hopefully should all be painted by around 3rd week in Jan.

Any updates ?

Bikes all fully rebuilt, apart from the body work which is still at the painters. I spoke to him yesterday and he's promised me no later than 10th feb.

I'll try to get a few pics of the completed rolling chassis up. I'm off for a 'Cardiac Ablation' in the morning so it might be a few days before I get the chance.

Well, finally got a call from the painter saying everything is ready to pick up. Get to his workshop and all the bits are laid out on a bench and looking fantastic.

As I cast my eye across everything, something strikes me as not being right. Then I see it, the Moto Guzzi emblem on the tank, which is painted on, is the wrong way round i.e. the eagle is below the Moto Guzzi wording rather than above it. (sorry didn't have anything with me to take a pic)

I actually think it looks OK, but at the end of the day it's not right. So, I've got 3 days to wrestle with my dilemma. Do I leave it as it is, or do I ask him to do it right ?

You saw it straight away as will others. How many times do you fancy having thie same conversation. Explain to the painter your concerns and agree a solution to get it right. Just my view

There are a few pics of the finished bike on Facebook. If you type PaintzFiction into Google it will give you a link to the facebook site.

Sorry I don't know how to put in a link. I'll get some better pics up soon as it stops raining.

Enjoyed this report & piccies Steve.....
Can't beat a Guzzi...

As she looks today.....
20170703_145211.jpg

Love the looks but I've barely used it since purchase.

Back
Top Bottom