Morocco contact

bogman

Reaction score
One of the lads on here has contact details for accommodation in Morocco, God knows where, any ideas, been 29 years since I've had a bike down there and I'm getting notions, if in traveling to the east am I better getting a ferry from Motril, suppose most of the N roads are navigable enough, what say somebody please....

I was down there a few years ago and we stopped a night in Bikershome..... Dutch biker who does tours or rentals, in Morocco.

He also offers B&B, evening meal and honesty bar, with the free use of his workshop before hitting the road next morning.

Highly recommended to me and I can endorse the recommendations.

Peter can also offer a recovery service to the Spanish Ferry, after which your European breakdown cover can become valid again if you have a mishap in Morocco.
I'm reliably informed that some riders have done this to re-patriate a bike home after breakdown or worse in Morocco.

He's a great source of info for biking in Morocco or the first port of call after a breakdown or mishap.

http://www.bikershome.net/home/

Now you've put me in the notion of a return visit.

Bikers home workshop with Peter in the background saying goodbye to a Yank who was renting a bike and Sat-Nav.

IMG_0281.jpg

But the trip itself was fantastic...

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0152-1.jpg

One of the lads on here has contact details for accommodation in Morocco, God knows where, any ideas, been 29 years since I've had a bike down there and I'm getting notions, if in traveling to the east am I better getting a ferry from Motril, suppose most of the N roads are navigable enough, what say somebody please....

A lot will have changed since 29 years ago :D
As your not being specific as to your intended travel destinations in Morocco it is not easy to recommend anywhere for accommodations.
Having said that accommodations are plentiful all over nowadays to suit all or most budgets unless you are heading into the boonies altogether :rob
Cannot advise on ferry as we normally fly in to Marrakesh & hire bikes locally.

I would say the changes you will notice is that many of what were unsealed roads are now sealed/tarred and that accommodation prices are not much cheaper than rural Spain. It is still is a very easy travel destination and Tim Cullis's info page is a reasonably good guide.The ferry to Melillia the eastern ferry port towards the Algerian border is obviously a slower ferry than the quick hop to Tangier Med or even Ceuta being around 6-8 hours. I believe that the crossing into Nador is less busy and thus more comfortable. The eastern roads are fine from what I know. I recommend you read up the recent ride reports and download the Immigration and Temporary Importation Documents. Best of luck if you decide to go.

Thanks to you all for ur help, bit the bullet today and got the fast ferry from Tarifa to Tanger, crept down the old coast road and am staying in a hotel in Larache, intended getting to Mehidea near Kenitra staying away from the motorway hard slog not helped by getting the 2pm ferry from Tarifa, on my own, got an open return ticket, no definite plans, might stick to the coast, weather is better than fine, around 25c but breezy, drivers are as daft as last time only that there are many more of them, bit more relaxed tonight, good feed helped, customs was easy enough with passport signed and stamped on the boat... Charles

Enjoy, Charles. :thumb
It's a destination I plan to make a reality some day.

Thanks Kamikaze, Mehidea has completely changed, unrecognisable from my last visit, was put in contact with a nice hotel in Kenitra, 2 nights here and it's east via Meknes and south on the N13 possibly beyond Rachidia, let's see how it goes folks... Charles

Half way between Kénitra and Merzouga high up in the Atlas, monkeys by the roadside and in the trees earlier, on the N13, small roadside hotel

Have a great trip Charles :thumb2

What are the temps like in the Atlas? Jaws100, Trick and I will be over there next month and will prob end up in Merzouga too.

How come no pics - did ya forget the camera? :rob

Anyway, hope you have a blast :aidan

Feargal

Thanks lads, have loads of photos but unsure how to upload them here, cool tonight, rain earlier, guess it's 16-18c....ill sort the pics hopefully in a while, there must be an attachment proc.

Thanks lads, have loads of photos but unsure how to upload them here, cool tonight, rain earlier, guess it's 16-18c....ill sort the pics hopefully in a while, there must be an attachment proc.
younger996@gmail.com

If you want to send me a few, I'll post them for you.
(if it helps)

Sent from a OnePlusX

Can I upload via taptalk? Logged in just now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Can I upload via taptalk? Logged in just now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah you can. It's the easiest way. During your next post, you will see a gallery icon in a row above your keyboard, should be second one in from the left............... click it and select (one at a time)

Sent from a OnePlusX

Back
Top Bottom