Traffic Light Sensor Magnet

What happens when two awesome steeds which are both equipped with new magnetic technology arrive at the same lights at the same time but from different directions? :rob

Who will get priority :nenau

That's simple-whoever gave the highest price has priority. If this priority is not given one can assume it and continue anyway. If one is also wearing a hi viz jacket with polite written on the back again this is called thrumps and you can do what you like provided a polite wave of the left hand is given with the middle finger pollitley extended JJH

Hilltop are offering a service to smooth out the magnetic field and make pick up smoother.

I can see the attraction, although you may be poles apart from this field, unless in a state of flux.

Bear in mind your need an engineer to verify that with the tester!

Big magnets and electronics .......... not a good mix.

We had a spate of problems with electronics on a batch of vans working from the same base,always breaking down and going into limp mode , it had everyone confused until we found out that a surveillance unit were trying out newly designed tracking devices (that fitted to the bottom of cars using powerful magnets) on our vehicles .

We only found out when a colleague caught them , the prototype devices were slipped under the vehicle and the magnets were screwing up the ecu signals.

They stopped playing when they were threatened that the next time we caught them they would be subject to summary justice with a dog and if we found any devices on other vans they would be removed and thrown in the nearest river

To get this thread somewhere near back to sensible ( difficult I know ) but some traffic lights, particularly temporary ones, have a sensor thing on top of them and it is possible to fool it into thinking you are an emergency services vehicle by flashing headlights at it repeatedly until they change

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :D

That doesn't work , in 30 years of driving emergency service vehicles never had a set of lights, temporary or otherwise changing due to flashing headlights ,grille lights or roof beacons , sensor on the majority of temporary lights pick up number of vehicles in the queue and combines it with set times in the lights computer to allow traffic through and then alters the sequencing , better off reversing a couple of car lengths then drive forward slowly to fool the sensor into thinking more vehicles have pulled up. They will then change , especially if not set to give prescidence to vehicles from one direction

More conventional static lights that rely on sensor strips embedded in the road surface have a problem with bikes in that even a gs is often not heavy enough to register .

To get this thread somewhere near back to sensible ( difficult I know ) but some traffic lights, particularly temporary ones, have a sensor thing on top of them and it is possible to fool it into thinking you are an emergency services vehicle by flashing headlights at it repeatedly until they change

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :D

Counting makes the lights change.
Sometimes you only have to count to ten, sometimes to a hundred, but eventually counting always works.

I just sit and wait until they turn from red to green
I put it in neutral hum a tune and sometimes tap my fingers on the tank

I used to amuse my kids by saying "magic lights, magic lights, magic lights" as we drove up to the traffic lights at the top of the village, and lo, the lights would change.
This works 9 times out of 10, but only in the car. The traffic lights at Sandiway heading from Chester towards Northwich will not change for a bike on its own, unless you drop the side stand on a sensor.
Mark

Riding slowly up to the lights always triggers them.

Riding slowly up to the lights always triggers them.

My grandfather used to do that in his Morris minor when I was a kid sat in the back, from about 100yds out change down to 1st and then chug along as slow as could and lights always went green before he reached them. Not sure why, maybe to save brake shoes? Maybe I should fit the front end off a morris minor on to the bike?

They work really well. I can only recommend that you buy some and stick them on. Maybe buy three or four sets, tucking one pair in your underpants (where they will boost your already not inconsiderable super powers) and the rest glue to your tinfoil hat, shielding you from thought rays from the planet Zog.
Surely you would recommend a fifth set to keep in the fridge next to the butter?

Back
Top Bottom