Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To The Balkans and Back

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
    Yet again another great video that keeps you engaged and interested at all times . I can only imagine on how long it takes to do the editing

I have noticed that you were still filming at boarder control checkpoints, did you ever get into trouble for this? I only ask because normally when I was using my GoPro coming back into the UK, there are signs everywhere telling you not to video. I did slip up one time and left the recording and the female officer went a bit loopy

2 vids in, one of the most entertaining trip reports I've seen. I also see the value of having the intercom to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by a485gag View Post
    Yet again another great video that keeps you engaged and interested at all times . I can only imagine on how long it takes to do the editing

I have noticed that you were still filming at boarder control checkpoints, did you ever get into trouble for this? I only ask because normally when I was using my GoPro coming back into the UK, there are signs everywhere telling you not to video. I did slip up one time and left the recording and the female officer went a bit loopy
    Its the same the world over, some borders seem really hot on it and others not. We didn't get in any trouble although it was on my mind, we both had Sena10C headsets, which are pretty well bolted to the helmets. When on, they are always flashing (not bright) different colours and speeds depending what they are doing, but the light is on the side and while they do have a lens on the front they look more like an intercom. It would be very hard for someone to know if you were filming or not.

Reminds me, years ago, a border guard on a remote Indian/Bangladesh border that wanted to rip the film out of my camera, it was the early days of digital and when he realise there was no film he was pressing all the buttons trying to get it turned on, then blatantly asked me to turn in on but in Bengali, so I played dumb and we ended up walking away but he was quite irate. It's a good job he never got it turn on as the first picture he would have seen was of my GF at the time filling in paperwork in the hut right next to us, I suspect we may well have been arrested!

Quote Originally Posted by Tengiz99 View Post
    2 vids in, one of the most entertaining trip reports I've seen. I also see the value of having the intercom to chat!
    I can understand if people are used to big trips with no coms then it's a big change, especially if (like me) you are quite happy with your own thoughts and if it were with people you didn't know so well it could get annoying but personally they were the best things we bought for the trip (except maybe the bikes ) they properly made it!

Probably not good practice to advocate but we used them for overtaking too, you know when you just can't see enough to commit. The one behind would be like "is there anything coming?" and the response would come from the one who's just taken the next vehicle "I'd leave it, the corner tightens up" or "you are good, theres nothing coming", more often than not the one in front, either said "theres nothing coming" before being asked or (for a myriad reasons) wasn't willing to make the decision and there would be a long silence (always air on the side of caution) but when it worked it was great thinking, that car must think I'm totally off my nut overtaking round that corner not knowing whats coming!

Top vids

Good to see travellers going with the flow.

Quick question: how long did it take to get the videos "Producded"
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Quote Originally Posted by cafemaestro View Post
    Top vids

Good to see travellers going with the flow.

Quick question: how long did it take to get the videos "Producded"
    Lol, I can't lie, it did take quite a while! I'm a contractor and on arriving home I found out my contract wasn't getting renewed so I've had the summer off, I've leant a lot along the way as I hadn't don't much editing before, just the Sweden trip thats on my YouTube channel as practice. Just done the maths; about 40 days with an average of maybe 6 hours/day I'd guess, so about 240 hour! Am I wasting my life! I'm not sure what else more productive I would have done with the summer I've no excuse now though, no summer, no video, definitely time to get a job...

Great videos - congratulations! To be honest I find most bike trip videos too boring to bother watching, but really enjoyed these. Pity you were unable to do the whole of the Transfagarașan.

Remarkably similar to my route in 2009 - RR here

Looking forward to Part 4.

Thanks for the videos,they make very interesting watching,
    really hooked on them to watch all the way through,not just turn off part way through.......Well done.....
    mike..

Quote Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
    Lol, I can't lie, it did take quite a while! I'm a contractor and on arriving home I found out my contract wasn't getting renewed so I've had the summer off, I've leant a lot along the way as I hadn't don't much editing before, just the Sweden trip thats on my YouTube channel as practice. Just done the maths; about 40 days with an average of maybe 6 hours/day I'd guess, so about 240 hour! Am I wasting my life! I'm not sure what else more productive I would have done with the summer I've no excuse now though, no summer, no video, definitely time to get a job...
    Bloody Hell! - still in 5 years time when you watch them again, you'll forget exactly how long it took and think you were glad you did it.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Did I hear someone shout out - Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! ... not pressure

Really appreciate the time that you are taking to put these videos together. Absolutely brilliant stuff ... and one day ... you, sitting with your grandchildren ... you will tell them stories ...

Sorry

Well ... back to the point --- Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4!

Thanks again for all the kind comments! Really glad you're enjoying them! and for all those who can't wait any longer (I'm looking at you Kurienp!) here is the final instalment enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p92lj65c9s

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ford View Post
    Great videos - congratulations! To be honest I find most bike trip videos too boring to bother watching, but really enjoyed these. Pity you were unable to do the whole of the Transfagarașan.

Remarkably similar to my route in 2009 - RR here

Looking forward to Part 4.
    Just had a read of your 2009 report and yeah a lot of similarities! For sure a shame about the Transfagarasan but I would have happily given that up to see some bears! That looked amazing, you were very lucky!

I found another YouTube clip entitled "Transfagarasan 2016 full" taken a month after we were there and they made it over (just). Bit gutted watching it but that was still the best day of the trip for me and I do wonder if it still would have been had we just ridden straight over. Next time, I'm going late June!

Chuffing awsome boys
    very well put toghther,BIG PAT ON THE BACK TO U BOTH...

Enjoyed that... thanks for taking the time to post it

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! What a start to a Saturday morning. Thanks guys! Thank you! Thank you! Loved this set.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nice one . Thanks for taking the time to post , enjoyed your videos, your commentaries had me smiling throughout the highs and lows.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast