Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To The Balkans and Back

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just an idea - do you want to create a shorter version - 1 file and talk other adverturists through your adventure at a HUBB or any other adventure meet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Watched the lot yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Watched them all today, fucking brilliant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justjoe View Post
    Lol, I can't lie, it did take quite a while! I'm a contractor and on arriving home I found out my contract wasn't getting renewed so I've had the summer off, I've leant a lot along the way as I hadn't don't much editing before, just the Sweden trip thats on my YouTube channel as practice. Just done the maths; about 40 days with an average of maybe 6 hours/day I'd guess, so about 240 hour! Am I wasting my life! I'm not sure what else more productive I would have done with the summer I've no excuse now though, no summer, no video, definitely time to get a job...
    The quality of the editing gives it an honest/raw feel and coupled with the intercom audio... its was compulsive viewing...I would have been really happy had I produced this...and in such a short time..(I spent 07 months on a film at 06hrs per day)...I also understand the way you get sucked into the editing; unsure if people will like/appreciate the effort...
    REALLY WELL DONE!!...I was really enthralled with it!

what was the editing program used for the
    "day intros i.e day 16-serbia" & "maps"?
    ...fantastic!!
    Regards
    Rod
    BMW etc filmed to Western Sahara- http://shaw2shore.co.uk/buy-dvd/
    4 hrs of entertainment!

Just watched them all back to back ahead of this mornings breakfast run. Top stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by kurienp View Post
    Just an idea - do you want to create a shorter version - 1 file and talk other adverturists through your adventure at a HUBB or any other adventure meet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I haven't thought about it but maybe we will...

Quote Originally Posted by UKRodYork View Post
    The quality of the editing gives it an honest/raw feel and coupled with the intercom audio... its was compulsive viewing...I would have been really happy had I produced this...and in such a short time..(I spent 07 months on a film at 06hrs per day)...I also understand the way you get sucked into the editing; unsure if people will like/appreciate the effort...
    REALLY WELL DONE!!...I was really enthralled with it!

what was the editing program used for the
    "day intros i.e day 16-serbia" & "maps"?
    ...fantastic!!
    Regards
    Rod
    Cheers Rod,

I did the editing in IMovies on the Mac, the day intro text box was a feature of that. The map was done on Animaps.

Sorry to read about your change in circumstances but this just doesn't seem right after watching your adventure this morning.

Can nothing be done man ?

Quote Originally Posted by kpaxian View Post
    Sorry to read about your change in circumstances but this just doesn't seem right after watching your adventure this morning.

Can nothing be done man ?
    I hear you! I definitely developed an unhealthy attachement (to what is fundamentally an inanimate object) during the trip. It really felt like I looked after it and it looked after me, in a weird way that I still can't explain. The weekend we got back I went away with the wife (in the car) for a night in the lakes, I woke up in the middle of the night confused and said in a panicked voice "where are the bikes!?"

Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all, right...

I hear you! I definitely developed an unhealthy attachement (to what is fundamentally an inanimate object) during the trip. It really felt like I looked after it and it looked after me, in a weird way that I still can't explain. The weekend we got back I went away with the wife (in the car) for a night in the lakes, I woke up in the middle of the night confused and said in a panicked voice "where are the bikes!?"

Here's the thing about "inanimate" objects. When they facilitate emotional life changing experiences they become so much more than objects.

Thanks for sharing your adventure

+1 agree. ... though it sucks, all we hope for is your next adventure on a newer bike. Good luck with the sale though. Not sure if you posted it on the for sale section on here.

Fantastic videos Joe cheered me up no end,many thanks for posting.
    Great job of editing,must have taken you hours.

Brilliant video, hoping to go to the Balkans next year so really interesting. Very well produced, we know how long it takes to edit hours of video footage having tried it ourselves so really well done, loved every minute.

Nice work Dude loved that...
    Everyone dies but not everyone really lives....

Great videos - really enjoyed them...good luck with future plans.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast