To The Balkans and Back

Top vids

Good to see travellers going with the flow.

Quick question: how long did it take to get the videos "Producded" :rolleyes:

Top vids

Good to see travellers going with the flow.

Quick question: how long did it take to get the videos "Producded" :rolleyes:

Lol, I can't lie, it did take quite a while! I'm a contractor and on arriving home I found out my contract wasn't getting renewed :blast so I've had the summer off, I've leant a lot along the way as I hadn't don't much editing before, just the Sweden trip thats on my YouTube channel as practice. Just done the maths; about 40 days with an average of maybe 6 hours/day I'd guess, so about 240 hour! :eek: Am I wasting my life! :confused: I'm not sure what else more productive I would have done with the summer :nenau I've no excuse now though, no summer, no video, definitely time to get a job...

Great videos - congratulations! To be honest I find most bike trip videos too boring to bother watching, but really enjoyed these. Pity you were unable to do the whole of the Transfagarașan.

Remarkably similar to my route in 2009 - RR here

Looking forward to Part 4.

Thanks for the videos,they make very interesting watching,
really hooked on them to watch all the way through,not just turn off part way through.......Well done.....
mike..

Lol, I can't lie, it did take quite a while! I'm a contractor and on arriving home I found out my contract wasn't getting renewed :blast so I've had the summer off, I've leant a lot along the way as I hadn't don't much editing before, just the Sweden trip thats on my YouTube channel as practice. Just done the maths; about 40 days with an average of maybe 6 hours/day I'd guess, so about 240 hour! :eek: Am I wasting my life! :confused: I'm not sure what else more productive I would have done with the summer :nenau I've no excuse now though, no summer, no video, definitely time to get a job...

Bloody Hell! - still in 5 years time when you watch them again, you'll forget exactly how long it took and think you were glad you did it.

Did I hear someone shout out - Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! ... not pressure :D

Really appreciate the time that you are taking to put these videos together. Absolutely brilliant stuff ... and one day ... you, sitting with your grandchildren ... you will tell them stories ...

Sorry :D

Well ... back to the point --- Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! Part 4! :D

Great videos - congratulations! To be honest I find most bike trip videos too boring to bother watching, but really enjoyed these. Pity you were unable to do the whole of the Transfagarașan.

Remarkably similar to my route in 2009 - RR here

Looking forward to Part 4.

Just had a read of your 2009 report and yeah a lot of similarities! For sure a shame about the Transfagarasan but I would have happily given that up to see some bears! That looked amazing, you were very lucky!

I found another YouTube clip entitled "Transfagarasan 2016 full" taken a month after we were there and they made it over (just). Bit gutted watching it but that was still the best day of the trip for me and I do wonder if it still would have been had we just ridden straight over. Next time, I'm going late June!

Chuffing awsome boys
very well put toghther,BIG PAT ON THE BACK TO U BOTH...:beerjug:

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! What a start to a Saturday morning. Thanks guys! Thank you! Thank you! Loved this set.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nice one . Thanks for taking the time to post , enjoyed your videos, your commentaries had me smiling throughout the highs and lows. :beerjug:

Just an idea - do you want to create a shorter version - 1 file and talk other adverturists through your adventure at a HUBB or any other adventure meet? :thumb

The quality of the editing gives it an honest/raw feel and coupled with the intercom audio... its was compulsive viewing...I would have been really happy had I produced this...and in such a short time..(I spent 07 months on a film at 06hrs per day)...I also understand the way you get sucked into the editing; unsure if people will like/appreciate the effort...
REALLY WELL DONE!!...I was really enthralled with it!

what was the editing program used for the
"day intros i.e day 16-serbia" & "maps"?
...fantastic!!
Regards
Rod

Just an idea - do you want to create a shorter version - 1 file and talk other adverturists through your adventure at a HUBB or any other adventure meet? :thumb

I haven't thought about it but maybe we will...

The quality of the editing gives it an honest/raw feel and coupled with the intercom audio... its was compulsive viewing...I would have been really happy had I produced this...and in such a short time..(I spent 07 months on a film at 06hrs per day)...I also understand the way you get sucked into the editing; unsure if people will like/appreciate the effort...
REALLY WELL DONE!!...I was really enthralled with it!

what was the editing program used for the
"day intros i.e day 16-serbia" & "maps"?
...fantastic!!
Regards
Rod

Cheers Rod,

I did the editing in IMovies on the Mac, the day intro text box was a feature of that. The map was done on Animaps.

Back
Top Bottom