Commuting into London

I commuted into Baker Street in Central London through South London for the best part of 10 years, in all weathers, firstly on an F650 and then on my 1150 GS.

I had secure parking underground and lockers so lugging stuff around wasn't a problem.

I still work in Central London but now use the train to get to work. I prefer using the train for my commute because the ride through town took the fun out of motorcycling for me. Having said that, with Southern trains being so bad I have been tempted to use the bike again.

I will be moving office soon to the Heathrow area so will have a 45 mile commute to work with a big chunk of that being on the M25. There will be secure covered parking and lockers and because of the poor public transport to the location from where I live I will use either my 1150 GS or my 1150 GSA.

If I was doing a London commute again I would get something like a used Deauville and have that next to a GS for fun times and holidays.

I have commuted into London on an RD250 RD350LC, CBX550, Ducati Pantah, Honda Doninator, 1200 Bandit, Triumph Tiger, Aprilia Mille, R1200 GS and R1200R. All were fine and better than getting the train. 1200GS probably best, GSA too lardy for me. Take it easy for the first couple of weeks then just cane it when it seems the natural thing to do

Why is it, if I don't like loud exhausts, I find Royal Jordanian's Nuda so desirable ?

Why is it, if I don't like loud exhausts, I find Royal Jordanian's Nuda so desirable ?

It does sound good. There's a standard Nuda on eBay at the moment, but I'd be interested in an R if one became available. I nearly bought one when they were new, but dithered, so couldn't get hold of one.

swisstommie, I enjoyed that ....

Great thanks. Always reluctant to shamelessly plug my channel here but it just supposed to be a lay mans view on things. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever you end up riding into London on make sure you always use decent locks/chain. Have a look at previous threads regarding stolen bikes as there's lots of good advice and recommendations on security.

I commute from Shepperton to Wimbledon every morning. Came on here a few months ago to ask people about getting shot of my Hayabusa and moving to a 1200 GS AC, best thing I have ever done!

I also never bother with panniers though, just top box and I was amazed how easy lane splitting actually is.

Back
Top Bottom