MT Promises ?

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time for another little jolly.
I'm off today on the ferry to St Malo and then have up to 2 weeks to spend away.
I've booked a hotel for tonight in Nantes and tomorrow I plan to blat down the autoroute and into Spain to meet some mates in Asturias for just a couple of nights.

Not sure If I'll get there in one day as it's over 600 miles and the fuel range on the MT10 isn't great and I'm yet to see how my knackered knees will cope with long days on the bike :

Don't normally stick to autoroutes,but like my Dolomites trip in July,needs must and serious distance at the start and finish of the trip will leave a good week or so in the middle to play in the fun bits,plus the Sanef tag takes away much pain with the tolls.

After that I'm on my own and no real plan except to most likely ride the entire length of the N260 and then over into France and possibly up the RDGA heading north,which I've never done as always ridden it heading south.Or I might ride up the Route Napoleon with my usual detour through the hidden gorge near Barles,or possibly stay further west up the Limousin etc.But no onward hotels booked so I can make it up a bit as I go.
No camera,just iphone as travelling light (for me) on the MT10.

I've packed quite light for up to 2 weeks away !!

feab8cc440f056e4d0689fa0360ca88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

RDGA N260 bla bla bla you've done them all before........
Head south into Portugal and see what it has to offer I really enjoyed it the Serra de Estrella national park especially, there won't be lots of biker mates and you won't need that lock and chain either ;)

RDGA N260 bla bla bla you've done them all before........
Head south into Portugal and see what it has to offer I really enjoyed it the Serra de Estrella national park especially, there won't be lots of biker mates and you won't need that lock and chain either ;)

Never done the N260 actually , apart from a tiny section of it many years back . I did think about Portugal having looked at the Ride routes. The plan is flexible but I really fancy sitting in the square in Castellane one last time this year !!

I thought you said it was the best road bike ?

Not sure I actually used those words but it is a fantastic road bike. One of the reasons I've taken mine all over the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and through Europe this summer, covering over 5000 miles .
But as this is my fifth trip away this year, I wanted to take one of my other bikes and the MT10 was the obvious choice .

That ok with you ???

Good .

Not sure I actually used those words but it is a fantastic road bike. One of the reasons I've taken mine all over the Highlands and Islands of Scotland and through Europe this summer, covering over 5000 miles .
But as this is my fifth trip away this year, I wanted to take one of my other bikes and the MT10 was the obvious choice .

That ok with you ???

Good .

Correct you only said :

I've had bikes for 36 years and my DCT version is one of the very finest road bikes I've ever ridden.

:augie

Enjoy the trip and the MT - it's always nice to be able to ride different bikes when you have the opportunity :beerjug:

I wonder which will turn out to be the better road bike of the two, Africa Twin or the Yamaha MT10.

I know which I would prefer for a blast down the Route Napoleon !

Exactly!!! I never said it was the best road bike but it's one of the best /finest. Certainly in my top 3!

Sent from this Android pile of shite using Bolloxchat

Anyway, got to hotel on outskirts of Nantes. Quite a good rate via Booking.com and it's a very new "eco friendly hotel" attached to very old restaurant. So, late arrival and nowhere else to eat so I order the veal with fondant potatoes!! Utter bargain at €26!!! Bear could have eaten it on one gulp!!!

f9a4b7767b7e46b46604fe22fd58f193.jpg

Looking forward to my fav place in Castellane where the set menu is €12 and a half litre pichet of vino rouge is €8!!

I think I would rather have a Royale with Cheese !

And fries of course ! But then I am a mere pleb !

I think the MT 10 proved it's touring credentials today! Nantes to Ovinana via Potes -720 miles! Bike was great. No discomfort. Just needs 5 more litres in the tank to save filling up every 130 miles!

N260 and in to Portbou on the east coast for a night. Very short hop from there in to France and some fantastic motorcycling roads :beerjug:

Never done the N260 actually , apart from a tiny section of it many years back . I did think about Portugal having looked at the Ride routes. The plan is flexible but I really fancy sitting in the square in Castellane one last time this year !!

I would be more than happy to be able to sit in the square at Castellane one more time in the future. Have a gud un. Hope the MT works out well. Cracking bike.

Very interested to hear how the long-distance days work out, and what speeds you sustained on the autoroutes with little discomfort.

Al

Very interested to hear how the long-distance days work out, and what speeds you sustained on the autoroutes with little discomfort.

Al

I sat at 90 all day long . Yam screen combined with forward lean and 'comfort seat' just perfect . No aches at all . Even knees fine and mine are fucked

Back
Top Bottom