Anyone using a Power Commander?

Some early FJRs had an issue which was called 'altitude sickness'. Rough running as altitude increased. I experienced this on a 2006 version climbing the Glockner.
Some research indicated that bikes experiencing this issue were subject to a recall and a new ECU fitted. My local dealer contacted Yamaha who were prepared to do the recall. In any event I chopped it in for a GSA so it never got done.

Do I follow the rest of the sheep ..

So my question is still.. stick with Dr Hilltop or spend the extra ££ on a bespoke fitted and tuned Power Commander..by a man who comes highly recommended... http://www.motrac-racing.com/aboutus.html

Why am I asking this .... well last time I visited the Dr, I was surprised that no account was made for a full Akrapovic exhaust, and was told the same performance increase would have been made with standard system!!

Now don’t get me wrong I was happy with what I got ... but I’m just asking is there better option.

stick with Dr Hilltop or spend the extra ££ on a bespoke fitted and tuned Power Commander.

That depends on what your plans are for the bike....

If your likely to change it for a newer model of same then go power commander as it would be transferable....the Hilltop is a non transferable one hit wonder.

Also....Hilltop may or may not tweek the ignition map....to do that on a PC you'd need the extra ignition module.

Why am I asking this .... well last time I visited the Dr, I was surprised that no account was made for a full Akrapovic exhaust, and was told the same performance increase would have

Then would suggest the exhaust is not the bottle neck in the chain.....i.e. there is something else impeding air flow upstream that the exhaust has little effect on....e.g. heads or throttle body....this will of course not always be true of everybike in every situation....

Then would suggest the exhaust is not the bottle neck in the chain.....i.e. there is something else impeding air flow upstream that the exhaust has little effect on....e.g. heads or throttle body....this will of course not always be true of everybike in every situation....

This is the point I was making. To improve power as much as some claim, other mods need to take place, not just a flash of the ecu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the point I was making. To improve power as much as some claim, other mods need to take place, not just a flash of the ecu.

Are you talking in general terms or specifically the 12lc GS?

You can (in general terms) increase power by Advancing the ignition and raising the rev limit....no physical mods required.

To the OPs original post. Why would you want to mess around with taking panels off and plugs and wires etc. Just hilltop it.

That’s what I did :thumb

Yes and everyone is doing it ... I’m just asking if there is a better / different option , a more bespoke option

I was at Motrac on Tuesday with my Bonnie, and watched whilst he figured and worked the best options for that particular bike ... I was very impressed

Just for reference, I had a PCV on my 701 and you can adjust the ignition timing on them.

Back
Top Bottom