Dirt Tracks in the Picos

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On Sunday Im heading to Portugal on my 1190. Heading to Breganca to start some routes I've got but does anyone have a route through the Picos that is dirt?

Any help appreciated

There's a nice route from Sotres to Espinama that I used about 5 years ago (thanks to Timolgra). Not difficult but worth it for the views. If you are getting off the Santander ferry at 2pm ish, you could do it on the same day, plenty of places to rough camp too. It would be worth checking if it's still a legal route.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

On Sunday Im heading to Portugal on my 1190. Heading to Breganca to start some routes I've got but does anyone have a route through the Picos that is dirt?

Any help appreciated

Oooohhh! Me & a mate are looking at a similar route for a trip - "TransPortugal" (Braganca-Sagres) as it seems to be referred to by some. Please do a RR! With pictures! And videos! :thumb ;)

And have fun and be safe, of course... :augie

There's a nice route from Sotres to Espinama that I used about 5 years ago (thanks to Timolgra). Not difficult but worth it for the views. If you are getting off the Santander ferry at 2pm ish, you could do it on the same day, plenty of places to rough camp too. It would be worth checking if it's still a legal route.

I'm fairly sure it's closed now, along with most other trails in the area. We did it in 2006, stunning views. :thumb

Attachments

• trail2.jpg
    trail2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 592
Thanks Chaps, anyone have a Coords or GPX of the start?

I will do a bit of a report

Thanks Chaps, anyone have a Coords or GPX of the start?

I will do a bit of a report
Coords - 43.229156,-4.754168

Not difficult to find as the track runs straight off the CA1 about one km from Sotres. Try the above coords on Google maps before you go to give you some idea.
Have fun, the Portugal route is good too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Did you ride the route? Is it still open? We are going in May and heading back from Leon to Santander on the last day. Could be good to include this? Judging by the pictures of the Ducati I'm presuming it's fine for a loaded GSA with road tyres?

Did it two up in 2013, no problem on Tourance tyres.

Attachments

• Sotres Espinama.jpg
    Sotres Espinama.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Picos 2.jpg
    Picos 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 325
Yes, it has to be open as its a right of way to a refuge. but it's just about the only trail in the whole of Cantabria that is open! Best head a bit west over into Asturias and go where you please - but note it's much, much wetter there ... Taurances? No way!

Regs

Simon

It will be the last day so something easy going will be perfect and a bit of a change from a week of roads. Any idea how long it is?

It will be the last day so something easy going will be perfect and a bit of a change from a week of roads. Any idea how long it is?

Approx 10km doesn't take long but it's a good place to take your time and ride it both ways stopping in the lovely Sotres for a lunch break.

IMGP3801-XL.jpg

IMGP3792-XL.jpg

Sometimes it's blocked :blast
second%20snow%20block-XL.jpg

Thanks for all the info. We pass through Potes on the way home so the plan is to divert from there and ride it from Espinama, have some lunch in Sotres and then ride it back and pick up where we left off. Hopefully it's easy to find and follow from that end. I'll check out some of the YouTube vids to get an idea. Cheers Dave

Back
Top Bottom