Autocom Installation on new GS LC

eddles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to install my autocom spa on my new gs. Haven't got a degree in electronics, so does anyone have any advice and ideally pics please? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just move the tyre senser moniter over a bit to the right Sam at chainspeed did mine yesterday the unit then goes right back in the tail it goes in long way then you twist it 180 so cables are facing out

What year LC fella? If its a 16 build on, it will have the flashy brake light module and lean sensitive abs module under the back seat as well, bugger won't fit then.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep it's a new one so has all modules under back seat. Might try taking rear rack off and seeing if it will fit right in back as suggested by Spartacus. Don't want to sell it as I get on with it so well.

Thanks Roadcraft, where did you pick up the switched live from?

Used the Autocom power lead with filter straight off the battery. Cable and socket long enough to route up to the back seat.

Sent using Tapatalk

Check under the front seat for fitting the spa. There is more room than you think, especially if seat is on high.

Placing autocomplete under the seat

Check under the front seat for fitting the spa. There is more room than you think, especially if seat is on high.

Placing it under the seat gets a lot of interference from the ignition unit, just for reference anyone looking at this now

I've been told it should fit under back of rear seat unit even if you have to take it all apart? I will find out in a month when I get my new bike as I have a Spa unit?

Fitted my SPA unit today in the rear section
18b5b47a53345f35740eb8f5db1644d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fine if you haven't the alarm fitted. Otherwise its a no go.

Have managed to squeeze mine in by moving the TPS unit forward and left ( as per the above photo ) and leaving loose. The Autocom I have wrapped in bubble wrap and slid as far back as possible. The Bluetooth module sits slightly forward and right of the Autocom.

Mindfull of the units being trapped between the bottom of the seat, particularly if there is a pillion passenger, and the mudguard.

Im thinking of going back to a wired unit but think it will have to be another Starcom unit as its smaller and has a remote volume control.

Back
Top Bottom