MY 2017 Triple Black GS

Spareparts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following a bad 40mph head on RTA on my previous GS almost 1 year ago and continual rehab on my shoulder after 3 surgeries, I finally picked up a new MY2017 TB GS yesterday. Considered the bigger GSA, but realised that it was a) too big/heavy to move around comfortably and b) felt bloated/lethargic on the move compared to the lighter and lower GS.

Did 180 miles after collection and can attest that the MY2017 bike feels smoother through the drivetrain compared to my previous MY2015 GS.

So after some fettling to get it set up for my purposes, here it is:

29879885696_91c46a1f01_c.jpg

Looks great ,have you changed both seats ?

Looks great ,have you changed both seats ?
Yes - Mrs Spareparts enjoys riding out and we often tour Europe. Sargent seats plus the Peg extenders make a big difference compared to standard.

Yes - Mrs Spareparts enjoys riding out and we often tour Europe. Sargent seats plus the Peg extenders make a big difference compared to standard.

Nice. I have the 2016 TB. Any chance of taking a couple of pictures of the Sargent seat.
Cheers Glenn

Actually the 'exclusive' seats that are fitted on the 2017 GS-TB are very comfortable, I have covered 1400 miles on my new bike and these are the best LC seats yet, and definitely much more comfortable than on my previous 2015 GSA.

This new TB-E4 is such a cracking bike, I'm loving mine.... it really is the dog's doo-dars!:clap

Nice. I have the 2016 TB. Any chance of taking a couple of pictures of the Sargent seat.
Cheers Glenn

Here you go: front and rear. They are shaped so much better than standard - the TB exclusive seats included. They are firmer offering better support, sculpted so neither the passenger nor rider slide forward, but also wider at the pelvis but narrower under thigh. On the underside, both have good storage compartments - big enough for tools/CO2 tyre inflating canisters/etc. I toured on the Sargents previously, and they were absolutely perfect for 300 mile days in the saddle, and the missus said it was a lot better than the standard seats.

29298211783_59c853cd54_c.jpg

29297512794_be6da01f35_c.jpg

Much better looking than the fat version. :beerjug:

Looks proper rugged!

Looks nice but still lots of none black bits !

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Perhaps - I carried over lots of the bits from my previous GS like the Akra etc which were still perfect from the RTA. If from new, I'd have preferred a black Akra. But some contrast is good!

Actually the 'exclusive' seats that are fitted on the 2017 GS-TB are very comfortable, I have covered 1400 miles on my new bike and these are the best LC seats yet, and definitely much more comfortable than on my previous 2015 GSA.

This new TB-E4 is such a cracking bike, I'm loving mine.... it really is the dog's doo-dars!:clap

It is great! I rode the first 180miles on the 'exclusive seats', and I found it still problematic compared to the Sargents. THey look good though with the 2-tone and really match the TB!

Cheers Spare parts for the photos. They look good and far better without the 'GS' logo on the pillion seat.

May i ask about the screen? MRA? Does it flap or did you install strengthening brackets ?
Thanks

Very nice but its a 2016.
2017 is three months away.:D

It's not a 2016... Model Year 2017 Euro4 with the upgraded gearbox and driveshaft :) Oh, and orange reflectors!

May i ask about the screen? MRA? Does it flap or did you install strengthening brackets ?
Thanks

It is a GSA screen with MRA X-Screen flap and Cymarc strengthening brackets. Tried and tested combo from my old GS, and allows me to ride visor up to 100+. Rock solid too.

Looks mint. Good to see you back in the game after what sounded like a nasty accident. :thumby:

Looks mint. Good to see you back in the game after what sounded like a nasty accident. :thumby:

Thanks, and it's great to be back on, although my arm strength and range is no where near what it was before. Already booked next year's ferry crossing for a big adventure with the missus. Having no memory of the actual accident itself helps I think!

Are the clocks different on the 2017 model?

Interested as the dealer we got out TB's from said the 2017 model was not available till December.

Back
Top Bottom