Fresh Tyre's in Spain

Tearaway

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Myself and a mate are heading to Morocco in Oct. We're thinking of picking up fresh rubber in Spain before we cross over - does anyone have any suggestions where is good to get a set of TKC 80's for an F800gs and Anakee Wilds for a GSA Lc in southern Spain.

PM Simon on here or ABR - AKA 'The Spanish Biker'

In case someone here had the same idea - I contacted Talleres El Venta BMW Motorrad - Algeciras and they were happy to order the tyres and fit them. The cost was equivalent to a normal dealer price!

Can't praise these people enough...top service, reasonable, they remove n fit wheel whilst you av a coffee at cafe across road....had my tkc 70s there...

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 157
In case someone here had the same idea - I contacted Talleres El Venta BMW Motorrad - Algeciras and they were happy to order the tyres and fit them. The cost was equivalent to a normal dealer price!

I've used these before and service was very good...bit pricey but not too bad.

I've used these before and service was very good...bit pricey but not too bad.

While I was happy to get tyres - even with an appointment it took 3 hours to get them fitted. They also tried to sell me fresh front brake pads ( which I didn't need ) at a price of €56 per set before fitting... I did feel they were taking the piss on the pads. Captive audience no doubt!

It also depends on which way you coming to Algeciras from i.e. Salamanca or Madrid, if it's Salamanca then it's easier to get the tyres from Talleres El Venta BMW Motorad in Algeciras, it's only about 2 or 3 miles from the port. Malaga is a near enough 200 mile round trip from Algeciras, but if you are coming down via Madrid you will pass through Malaga.

Back
Top Bottom