first decent ride on the GS

kwackless

Reaction score
Recently bought a new GS R1200 LC TE.. but had a holiday booked before I decided to swap my 2015 performance sport zzr1400 for the GS.. So did not have chance to have a decent run and test the GS.. back from holiday now and I've given the GS 250 mile run around North wales..

Must say.. very impressed with the GS:clap.. main reason for changing from the zzr to the GS was comfort.. had 4 zzr1400's over the years and are a excellent bike but July this year I returned from 12 day 3,350 mile trip around France/Germany/Italy on my zzr.. but decided it's time I got a more comfy bike to do theses long tours on :thumby:

Recently did a 250 ride around North Wales and first impressions on the GS :bow no more aching wrists/back looking forward to doing the Europe trip on the GS next year that's for sure!! cruise control is spot on don't how I managed with out cruise control all these years.. still getting use to all the elec gizmo's on the TE model but slowly but surely getting there LOl.. Not to sure about the quick shift.. that's most likely because never had a quick shift on a bike before so will need time to get use to quick shift :) only used the quick shift a few times but suppose it works best when on full throttle.. hence the quick shift. will work on that :thumb2

hoping to get a weekend uk trip in this year and a few more decent day trips on the GS while we still have some decent weather left..

Picking mine up today, had almost zero sleep so doubt I'll get too many miles done today but already booked in for 600 mile service on 6th Oct !

Picking mine up today, had almost zero sleep so doubt I'll get too many miles done today but already booked in for 600 mile service on 6th Oct !

defo know where you coming from.. pick mine up then went on holiday a few days later, if I had bought the gs first I would have given the holiday a miss but don't think the wife would have been to happy!

Had my GS for almost 18months, but I didn't see the real potential in it until i did a trip across Africa. I felt like a cheese tractor owner with a Range rover when I go on this tour. I cant begin to tell you how capable it was offroad for 5,000km just an amazing machine, excuse ether seamless plug but i have also been uploading my journey one my youtube channel so please feel free to support a fellow GS owner and have a look and if you like it please subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/petrolheadsldn

Back
Top Bottom