Battery charger.

Manifold_Burrito

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a trickle charger for the bike. I obviously want to utilise the charging jack on the bike rather than worrying about crocodile clips etc... any recomendations please folks?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I bought a couple of the correct size DIN plugs (£9.00 per pair) from Nippy Norman. Soldered one to the trickle charger leads (positive wire goes to the centre electrode on the plug) and just plug it into the jack. Its been fine for the past year and no messing around with clips, battery terminals etc.

I bought a couple of the correct size DIN plugs (£9.00 per pair) from Nippy Norman. Soldered one to the trickle charger leads (positive wire goes to the centre electrode on the plug) and just plug it into the jack. Its been fine for the past year and no messing around with clips, battery terminals etc.

Done the same here, 5 years on the Oxford charger is keeping on

How long do you leave it between rides ? The only time I've needed a charger was When the battery was packing in due to normal end of life.

A battery in good condition removed from the bike and stored fully charged should hold its charge for 3 months at least.

Most of us leave the battery on the bike if the bike is laid up over the winter.
In this case there will be a very small drain from the clock (2 m/A) and a higher drain from any alarm system fitted.

If the bike is laid up with the battery fitted, then charge with a Smart Charger for 24 hours every fortnight.
Do NOT leave the battery on permanent float/trickle charge despite the instructions saying you can!

Bikes without Canbus can be charged via the bike's accessory power socket.

Bikes with Canbus can be charged directly across the battery.

Aldi and Lidl sell Smart Chargers for around £15 on their Special Buy events.
February and March are bike gear event months.

Back
Top Bottom