690 Enduro discontinued next year

KTM are NOT dropping the 690.
It will be produced with a redesigned head and better suspension and a plastics facelift of some sort.

Great news, hopefully they'll address the cam followers and get the suspension right, then they're on to a winner :beerjug:

It will be produced with a redesigned head and better suspension and a plastics facelift of some sort.

I was talking to my local dealer yesterday about it.

Weird. It was my local KTM dealer who told me it was discontinued.

I was talking to my local dealer yesterday about it.

Sounds like the 701 frame and suspension with orange plastics.

Great news, hopefully they'll address the cam followers and get the suspension right, then they're on to a winner :beerjug:

They are dropping the 4CS type forks from the whole range and going back to the traditional open cartridge type forks.
The whole head has been redesigned and the rockers are completely different.
There is an extra balancer shaft inside the cam to virtually eliminate all vibes.
New graphics /plastics.

He wasn't sure what any of the other mods were.

Just put the deposit down on one! (2016 model). What have I done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I hear, as well as the 1190 Adventure - the two best bikes in the KTM line up. The 1190 apparently to be replaced with a 1090 and by making an R version of the 1290.

I like both these bikes - means I will hang onto my 690 (it'll become a classic soon:thumb) but I might get a new 1190 - I love that bike.

When I heard the news I chopped my 1190 in for a new one :thumb

Dave

How do they compare against a kitted XChallenge? Does the 690 motor have comparable bottom end grunt?

How do they compare against a kitted XChallenge? Does the 690 motor have comparable bottom end grunt?

The early 690 (pre 2014) was still better than my fully modded X-challenge. The newer 690's are even better. They have a massive Torque curve that just seems to go on and on.

Back
Top Bottom