Heidenau K60 Scout Fitted to the F800GSA 2015

Rambleon

Reaction score
I have the original tubed tyes 90/90-21front and 150/70-17 on the back on spoked rims.

Recent road trip saw mates with puncture on rear tubeless tyres repaired in minutes. And good for the duration of the trip.

I was lucky not to have any puncture issues but was thinking what a drama having to take off and strip the wheel down especially the rear wheel at the side of the road or worse off road.

So reserve has basically two camps. Try to make a diy alteration to spoke rims and fit tubless of fork out £1000 plus for new alpina rims.
Changing the front to fix a tubed puncture is not to much and issue but the rear a lot more difficult

I no the pros and cons of tube Vs tubeless. But wanted to know if anyone have- swapped tubed for tubless on spoked wheels. Which dual sports tyres chosen. How did you overcome the issues of air loss due to the spokes. Anyone running on the Heidenau K60 Scout on spoked rims.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Have a look down at the Africa Twin threads - at least two AT owners have used the Alpina wheels, and the Kineo wheels from are available from HPS.

I'm running Heidenau K60's Scout on spoked rims. F800GS 2011

They seem pretty good to me, excellent turn-in on tarmac, not bad on grass, they felt quite squibbly on the road for the first few miles but now seem really good.

A general purpose hard wearing tyre.

+1 great milage seem to stick well on the road a bit noisy but apart from that OK

Cheers colint and slparry. Like the videos.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom