problem with plastic

Bunsty

Hi all
I have a problem with my 2000 GS on the transparencies (Speedo + rev tack).

I went to BMW to pick up the bike after a service and found that the transparencies had been broken. They seemed to be stressed as I could see a rainbow effect in the plastic but the top has not delaminated.

At first they tried to tell me that it came in that way and then that it might be a fault in the 650 bikes.

If anyone has had or knows of this problem or a similar one can you let me know as I think there are talking crap.

Cheers Bunsty… :confused:

Who was the dealer?
I'm certain it must have happened there because you would surely have noticed, but I can't imagine how it could have happened. Were they working on the clocks at all? Replacing a dash light bulb or something?
If you check Trevors site he might be able to help you.

mmm.not heard of this fault?
,try trevor 's site and the Usa chaingang?
:
did it go in like that,you would have noticed .
so it happened since you left it with them?
:confused
a fault with the 650 bikes??if it was ok when you left it sounds like you need to speak with the manager or bmw uk .
good luck:)

They didn’t touch the clocks in the serve it looks like the plastic has been pressed on with sum force and stressed it all. I know they where ok when they went in and I’m refusing to take possession of the bike until it’s sorted.

It's a single sheet of perspex covering all speedo/revs/clock etc. Access by a couple of bolts on speedo surround.

Probably only a couple of pounds to renew.

Cheap for your dealer or yourself to replace. Is it worth being without your bike for?

Hope yoyu get it sorted quickly..............

Back
Top Bottom