'Fatal Error' Uploading City Navigator V7

Steve B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have searched and looked through GPS section to no avail.

I've just tried to upload V7 of City Nav in readiness for a short trip away for a few days tomorrow and after a short while the upload seemed to hesitate and then this came up...

Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\GARMIN\CNEURO7\00134602.IMG
verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

It then asks me either to "retry" or "cancel". I tried 'retry' a couple of times but the same kept coming up on screen.
I then pressed cancel and "rolling back action" came up.

After this another box comes up headed....

Feature Transfer Error

Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more info.

I'm guessing this is a problem with the CD. By the way it was the 1st of the 3 CD's so I can't upload anything off the others as I believe they have to be installed in turn. I'm happy to e-mail my contact at Garmin but thought someone here may have a simple explaination.

Any ideas, hints or insults at being totally stupid are more than welcome.
Or should I pop next door to ask the neighbours 10 year old for help?

Steve B

I installed it on two PC and had some errormessages on the first PC which I ignored and it all worked fine. Then back here to load on my own PC no error messages whatsaever.

Try a different drive if you have one....

Not much help ' (sorry)

richie said:
I installed it on two PC and had some errormessages on the first PC which I ignored and it all worked fine. Then back here to load on my own PC no error messages whatsaever.

Try a different drive if you have one....

Not much help ' (sorry)

But how do you 'ignore' it Richie? :confused:
It appears that the drive inside the laptop is on a go slow (I'm assume it's having the problem with the image off the software).
If I do work out how to 'ignore' what info will be missing from the software when downloaded onto the GPS unit?
I had upgraded the laptop recently to 30Gb but this is the first problem I have with it. Just wondering whether to send the CD's back to Garmin and ask for another set.

Steve

Steve B said:
Just wondering whether to send the CD's back to Garmin and ask for another set.

Steve

Check the back of the cd's for any marks or scratches or dirt. oh and clean it by wiping from the centre outwards NOT wiping in a circle :)

Cheers

Bob

Cardiff said:
Check the back of the cd's for any marks or scratches or dirt. oh and clean it by wiping from the centre outwards NOT wiping in a circle :)

Cheers

Bob

Actually I can see a couple of light marks (not my doing as I treat all my CD's with absolute care) on the 1st one so how DO you clean them (carefully)?

Steve B

I haven't got the disks here so I can't check how big it is, but one way round it would be be someone to email you that particular file (if it't not a cab file and enormous!!) and then you could browse to it on your hard drive instead of the instal prog looking for it on the CD.

I had the same error messages when loading my City Select Version 7, straight out of the newly opened Garmin packaging!!

I found crap on back of disc, which wouldn't clear, called Garmin they're sending me new discs... ho hum.. only waited a month for first set, lets hope second set are somewhat quicker!!

:mad:

Try, try and try again

Finally installed the software after 3 attempts - turned off Norton Anti-Virus.
Still haven't managed to unlock the install, can't find the unlock code. Does it come with the discs?

Bloody hell, with all this hassle I think I'll stick with City Select V6!!

Steve

Top Garmin Service...

Wow.... having waited for a month for my set of upgrade discs, City Select Europe V7, i was gutted when disc 1 was scratched and wouldn't load!! I called Garmin 04 May they said they'd send replacements, and this morning... they arrived....

Next Day!!!! Wow.... all loaded, well impressed.. Big thumbs up to Garmin, Top service....

:D :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom