Possibility of a Boil Rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat way round

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Admin, I hope this is ok.

Hi Ukgser's,
This is just a quick one for you all. A friend of a friend, owns a small holding/campsite just outside of Doncaster and has said that she would welcome the chance to host a Boil Rally. I was just wondering if there would be anyone interested in going? In the past she has held more conventional rallies with music, a bar and food but has now been told that she can not have "amplified music" on site. Rallies are to no more.
The answer, A Boil Rally 😁 No need for music, just a fire, a warm welcome and possibly a bacon butty and a brew.
If anyone thinks that they might be interested then please contact me and let me know.
I am meeting with her sometime this week and discussing how much it would cost to pitch up for a couple of nights and also dates. If it seems to be popular, I am certain it could become a regular thing.
Looking forward to seeing what response there is.
Ride safe everyone.

This would be good, especially if there were alternative attractions too - I don't know, a bit of 'roadside maintenance' or 'get you home fixes'. Some riding tuition - I have been riding since 1973, but I was taught simple things at the HUBB meeting at Donnington. The instructor couldn't believe I had gone all those years and not heard of these simple techniques - riding over tyres, or following some planks. Over some pallets, that kind of simple off road learning. How to pick your bike up! I can do it with my eyes closed now! :D

Ride outs to explore some local back lanes and show things visitors otherwise wouldn't find.

Riding competitions? Slow riding race, for instance.

Yes, I would be up for that.

Admin, I hope this is ok.

Hi Ukgser's,
This is just a quick one for you all. A friend of a friend, owns a small holding/campsite just outside of Doncaster and has said that she would welcome the chance to host a Boil Rally. I was just wondering if there would be anyone interested in going? In the past she has held more conventional rallies with music, a bar and food but has now been told that she can not have "amplified music" on site. Rallies are to no more.
The answer, A Boil Rally No need for music, just a fire, a warm welcome and possibly a bacon butty and a brew.
If anyone thinks that they might be interested then please contact me and let me know.
I am meeting with her sometime this week and discussing how much it would cost to pitch up for a couple of nights and also dates. If it seems to be popular, I am certain it could become a regular thing.
Looking forward to seeing what response there is.
Ride safe everyone.

Amendment.
Now then chaps and chapettes, spoke to Ang and got some dates and prices for everyone.

We are looking at Friday 18th November until Sunday 20th November.
The price is £15 for both nights and includes camping, soup and a bread roll on Friday evening AND bacon and egg butties with a brew on both Saturday and Sunday morning. There won't a bar BUT there will be a small adult lemonade stand .
Anyone who is interested in coming, please let me know by Friday 11th November so I can numbers to Ang.
The address is:
Clampit Creek,
Epworth Road,
Haxey,
DN9 2LL.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Ride safe folks.

It's a probable from me - will let you know ASAP

Gah am away that weekend. Would of loved to come along. Hope it's a success.

It's a probable from me - will let you know ASAP

Sorry can't make it - I'm off to the seaside.

Hopefully it will be a success so I can go to the next one :beerjug:

Not a problem gspod, looking like about 20 people from different areas and forums will be there, as long as they don't remember that the dog is booked in for Thai chi lessons after it had a manicure on Saturday morning :rolleyes:

Not a problem gspod, looking like about 20 people from different areas and forums will be there, as long as they don't remember that the dog is booked in for Thai chi lessons after it had a manicure on Saturday morning :rolleyes:

You hit that nail firmly on the head :D
I'm disappointed as it was looking like the first winter rally I could get to for a couple of years (not that it's cold yet). It's the only weekend I can visit my mum - she's away for Xmas. Still she lives on the Kent coast so should be a nice ride down there and she's Irish so I'll probably drink more down there than I would at the rally :aidan

Enjoy

Just been informed earlier, I have to work so I'm afraid I'm not going to make it.
Really hope you all have a great time :thumb2:beerjug:

You hit that nail firmly on the head :D
I'm disappointed as it was looking like the first winter rally I could get to for a couple of years (not that it's cold yet). It's the only weekend I can visit my mum - she's away for Xmas. Still she lives on the Kent coast so should be a nice ride down there and she's Irish so I'll probably drink more down there than I would at the rally :aidan

Enjoy
Cheers pod, depending on numbers and feedback, we might be looking at running one in either January or February. Might see you at that one instead.
Regards to ya mammy :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom