New BMW System 7 Carbon Helmet

Dealer tried to demonstrate the removal of the chin piece to convert the helmet to open face. It proved a futile exercise, in the end with the aid of his colleague he managed. To reassemble the helmet it took two people :blast
I can only assume it was a one off issue...

I can only assume it was a one off issue.

I got showerd a while ago and it was quite simple once they actually knew how to do it, are they on sale yet as i've never found anyone to sell me one, just show me the one they have in the showroom. and say they will call whe they have them for sale.

I popped into a bmw dealer in Dijon in France and they had loads of them in all sizes

I got showerd a while ago and it was quite simple once they actually knew how to do it, are they on sale yet as i've never found anyone to sell me one, just show me the one they have in the showroom. and say they will call whe they have them for sale.

Same experience, have one on order!

Pricey but nicey...

Managed to get one for the sat nag....nice helmet....in fact so nice I've ordered one for me....
You need an extra pannier for the distruction manual.....

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 1,117
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,875
That's the colour I've ordered, looks good

Any news on the Comms side of the S7?

I had a system 6 and replaced it with a HJC full face which was very noisy compared to the 6 so Ive just got a 7 today, very light, feels comfy, I got the graphite Matt grey time to test it out off to work in a mo.

The visor removal was easy, getting it back on was more difficult no where near as easy as the 6

Terry

Full Carbon shell modular helmet, with removable chin guard to convert to an Open-face Jet Helmet. fully homologated to ECE 22-05 in both modes.

More info, pics, and funky animations here:
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/equipment/system7carbon/main.html

Pricing will be confirmed at Motorcycle Live in November, but the base colour models are reportedly set to cost around £450.

A0222952_Helm_System7_Carbon_05_vo.jpg

Helm_System7_Carbon_05_Jethelm.jpg

Regardless where its made thats a good looking helmet

Ive just got a 7 today, very light, feels comfy, I got the graphite Matt grey time to test it out off to work in a mo.

Terry

Did you get the comms? I was quoted £450 for the helmet and £350 for the comms!

Ive just got a 7 today, very light, feels comfy, I got the graphite Matt grey time to test it out off to work in a mo.

Terry

Did you get the comms? I was quoted £450 for the helmet and £350 for the comms!

no I fitted an interphone Fm3 £80 i the com on my 6 its good but not worth £350

Terry

Hi, i'm thinking of buying this BMW communication system for system7 (Bluetooth) i want to make sure about the following function before making a purchase, since is quite expensive compare to other brands. It fit to the helmet itself that the only reason i like about it. I only need two functions!

1. Can it connect intercom with Sena, My wife using Sena 20s if i want to buy it main reason is to be able to communicate to my passenger.
2. How is the music quality, when i ride alone i mostly listen to music via mobile bluetooth.

I've been googling around no information about it.. THank you

Last edited:
I actually tried it on today. I notice that i need one size up for the helmet. I normally wear Arai size XL, GS helmet (2017)XL, Schuberth XL, for system 7 i need to go for 2Xl.
I suspect is similar sizing with AGV, so you can use AGV bases if you do online purchase.

So far is very light. BUT! is not that comfortable, and the helmet shell look huge similar to GS helmet (2017). It is noticable that the length is longer than normal full face helmet almost the same as GS helmet.

Back
Top Bottom