Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 49 to 64 of 67

Thread: Devon Christmas/Winter Camp Saturday 10th December

  1. #49
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    Sorry to hear the family news Liam, but chuffed to see your commitment to attending the event still. We've got a friendly sized group for our table, so i'm looking forward to an enjoyable event, but I am surprised and disappointed that no-one else in the local area - that doesn't fancy camping - hasn't put themselves down for attending one of the evenings for a bit of a social. Where have all the SW GSers gone?
    Some of us work every week end of the year ....

  2. #50
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Peterborough England
    Posts
    5,024
    I'm planning on leaving P'boro Cambs, @ 9am tomorrow.
    Slow meander down and expect to be there pitching me tent @3 - 4pm.
    Willing to help pushing tanks through mud too. (used to it around here anyway...hey ATT?)
    Will 'wing it' on the pub food front but fu*k it, only live once. just have a few beers.
    (plus at 210 miles I'll probably be too shagged for socialising anyway)

  3. #51
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bideford, Devon
    Posts
    3,772
    I've just realised that I am free this weekend. SWMBO is off to friends house shortly and then off to Germany for the Christmas markets. Apparently, this was one of the many things that I agreed to when I ordered a new bike last month. Haven't ridden GS in six months as been in Jersey so battery probably flat. But, I could charge it up on Friday and come down sat. As chap above has unfortunately cancelled pub meal could I have his place please?

  4. #52
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    Sorry to hear the family news Liam, but chuffed to see your commitment to attending the event still. We've got a friendly sized group for our table, so i'm looking forward to an enjoyable event, but I am surprised and disappointed that no-one else in the local area - that doesn't fancy camping - hasn't put themselves down for attending one of the evenings for a bit of a social. Where have all the SW GSers gone?
    Hi, couldn't get flights to Ireland for funeral so couldn't go. so will be leaving Chelmsford around 9am and poodle down, see you all tomorrow early afternoon "sorry for the mucking about" families a?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #53
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    N.E.D. England
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    Ok, the three amigos that are myself, Orinoco and Bazzer, invite those hardy/foolish enough to attend a winter camp on Saturday the 10th of December.
    The event's at Hennock, Devon, which is to the East of Bovey Tracey.
    The campsite's basic, but has hot showers, flushing toilets and firepits. Cost is a fiver per person, per night. I'm organising this for the one night, but if people would like to arrive Friday and be taken on a rideout, I can organise/lead, but need to know who'd like this option so I can book mysef in accordingly.
    A short stroll from the site is a great pub (I believe there are three B&B rooms), that serves nice food and a superb pint of Jail Ale.
    I shall initially book a table for four (the three amigos and possibly Sandy), under my name and the UKGSer group. If you're coming please book with the site direct - speak to Kate - and book yourself a spot in the pub (The Palk Arms - speak to Jane) and they will then know how many are coming to join the group and whether they'll be able to sit us all at the same table or group us in the same area in the pub. Try not to leave it to the last minute as, due to being on the run up to Christmas, the pub may end up fully booked.
    Please ensure you post on here and/or the FB Page to let me know if you're coming and for how many nights and if you'd like a rideout.
    Hi Rich, i wont be able to make it , as i thought. Not only work comitments, but a stinking cold ruling out riding down this morning. All the best for the do, and have a good crimble.

  6. #54

    Thanks for the Inaugural Sheep Shit Rally

    Thanks Rich and Co, a great weekend, well Saturday/Sunday for me, despite the amazing amounts of sheep shit, lovely site, good pub and great company, cheers

    ... or was it the Sid slips in shiny sheep shit weekend
    Somewhere in Somerset

  7. #55
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ilminster, Taunton
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
    Thanks Rich and Co, a great weekend, well Saturday/Sunday for me, despite the amazing amounts of sheep shit, lovely site, good pub and great company, cheers

    ... or was it the Sid slips in shiny sheep shit weekend
    If only we'd taken a photo eh?!
    Well said on the thanks Ade, an intimate little gathering but well worth making the effort to go, hopefully this will restore Rich's faith that there are some tossers who get out and do stuff - and a couple from 'the East' too!!
    Adios amigos!!
    Bazzer

  8. #56
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,054
    Had a great weekend with some old friends and made some new. For those that remember Princetown, we had Dave and Val present, we were kind of on Dartmoor and we had a raffle! It was only a small group, 8 on night one and 10 on night two. It was just the right amount of people to sit round a table and everyone was able to talk to each other. Much bigger and we'd have been sat on different tables which would've changed the evening's social a little. However, a great time was had by all, even though the walk was a tad longer than originally plannned, but everyone made it ok. Food at the pub was excellent. No fine dining, just great, honest home cooked grub which went down very well, especially the liver and onion gravy. Breakfast at the pub was another hit, with an entertaining turn from the local chef, one to be experienced again!
    A big thank you to all who turned up and made the weekend, Sandy and I had a lovely time.









    If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

  9. #57
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    Had a great weekend with some old friends and made some new. For those that remember Princetown, we had Dave and Val present, we were kind of on Dartmoor and we had a raffle! It was only a small group, 8 on night one and 10 on night two. It was just the right amount of people to sit round a table and everyone was able to talk to each other. Much bigger and we'd have been sat on different tables which would've changed the evening's social a little. However, a great time was had by all, even though the walk was a tad longer than originally plannned, but everyone made it ok. Food at the pub was excellent. No fine dining, just great, honest home cooked grub which went down very well, especially the liver and onion gravy. Breakfast at the pub was another hit, with an entertaining turn from the local chef, one to be experienced again!
    A big thank you to all who turned up and made the weekend, Sandy and I had a lovely time.







    Hi Rich,

    Just wanted to thank you and every one who attended for the great weekend and making me feel welcome , really enjoyed the company, food, venue and the walk on Saturday.........my legs are killing me today!!! A real success.

    Have a great Christmas & New year

    Kind regards,

    Liam


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #58
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,054
    Cheers Liam, Sandy mentioned you do a bit of mountain biking as well. If you're ever down in the SW and would like to ride our hills, I can show you round.


    If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

  11. #59
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    Cheers Liam, Sandy mentioned you do a bit of mountain biking as well. If you're ever down in the SW and would like to ride our hills, I can show you round.
    I do try to, I will be making more of an effort over the coming months to loose some excess baggage and once a bit fitter would love to visit the SW to hit the hills on my MTB maybe not the ones we walked I hope, as a couple of them are monsters. Cheers Rich.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #60
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Chug-chug View Post
    I do try to, I will be making more of an effort over the coming months to loose some excess baggage and once a bit fitter would love to visit the SW to hit the hills on my MTB maybe not the ones we walked I hope, as a couple of them are monsters. Cheers Rich.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is some riding in the area we walked, but as you've mentioned, it's a tad tough. There's much nicer riding over on the Woodbury Common area and up the road on The Quantocks. If you fancy a couple of days riding, give us a shout and stop over.


    If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

  13. #61
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Peterborough England
    Posts
    5,024
    I had a good time with you guys thanks. Really enjoyed the extreme mountain climbing survival experience ��Ta Rich. Food was very tasty and cheap and the company great. I had decided to stay another night alone... with 24 ewes. Everyone had left by 11am so I went for a ride, got lost (unlike our navigator MM eh?) and missed lunch at the pub �� Some of you may know how much sustainence I need, So went to Plymouth and bought some snacks. Very tasty they were too[IMG][/IMG]

  14. #62
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Peterborough England
    Posts
    5,024
    It has to be said, never in the history of UKGSER has there been so much shit produced by so few sheep over such a large field. ''Twas mind boggling "��

  15. #63
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Peterborough England
    Posts
    5,024
    Bazz I found something that may belong to you. Pm me your address and I'll send it over.

  16. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by flatdog View Post
    Bazz I found something that may belong to you. Pm me your address and I'll send it over.
    He left Dolly the ewe behind?
    Somewhere in Somerset

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"