Harley forks

HD forks are made by Showa.......

The Internet is awash with solutions.....

HD forks are made by Showa.......

The Internet is awash with solutions.....

Yep. The Street Glide forum has loads of posts about improving the front end on the 2016 bike. Most of them have gone for Legend Axeo replacement cartridges and springs, but I'm not sure you can get them easily in the UK and probably no-one here has experience of fitting them.

I've emailed Revs Racing in Halesowen like Doris suggested. I've dealt with them before and they know their stuff.

Yep. The Street Glide forum has loads of posts about improving the front end on the 2016 bike. Most of them have gone for Legend Axeo replacement cartridges and springs, but I'm not sure you can get them easily in the UK and probably no-one here has experience of fitting them.

I've emailed Revs Racing in Halesowen like Doris suggested. I've dealt with them before and they know their stuff.
It amazes me that with all the years of experience and development behind them, HD can produce a 2016 bike with inadequate, inferior suspension :nenau

It amazes me that with all the years of experience and development behind them, HD can produce a 2016 bike with inadequate, inferior suspension :nenau

I guess it's called "character" :rolleyes:

The internet is awash with comments about the 2016 suspension. Cycle World recently did a test on the 2017 bikes with the new Showa forks: "There is more feel from the front end at high speeds, less wobble at low speeds, and confidence is improved all around. Although not tuned for performance, the adjustments make the bike much more exploitable due to the increased confidence from feel. It also holds a line much easier..." Blah, blah, blah.

I'm really happy with my Street Glide and the best sign is that I want to ride it every day. I expect to keep this bike for a long time, so if I can get a bit better performance out of the front end for not a huge outlay, I'll go for it. :thumb

Quick update. Revs Suspension at Halesowen are going to do the Ohlins fork internals and Ohlins shocks for the rear. But... Ohlins can't supply them until the middle of January.

Fair point. I'm pretty sure John and the Ohlins will deliver all I want from the suspension. And anyway, what else am I going to waste money on? There's already plenty of chrome to polish. Still thinking about some louder pipes... It'd be good to hear your S&S ones sometime.

Over the years I've gradually got fed up with loud pipes especially on long trips. But....I've just put my free flowing, read louder, pipes back on my RK to get it performing better. It was sluggish and a bit strangled with the early non-cat standard pipes I've been trying out.

Pardon......
Over the years I've gradually got fed up with loud pipes especially on long trips. But....I've just put my free flowing, read louder, pipes back on my RK to get it performing better. It was sluggish and a bit strangled with the early non-cat standard pipes I've been trying out.

Dunlop tyres, take the fucking things off.......No good to any fucker.

Finally took your advice, att. Pirelli Night Dragons on now. Lovely. Should have followed your words of wisdom straight away :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom