Thread: GS Helmet & BMW Communicator Bluetooth

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

GS Helmet & BMW Communicator Bluetooth

Anyone gone for this combination ? Makes for an expensive option (close to £700 RRP for both items) but I had a quick go with one yesterday and seemed to work well. Just wondering if anyone had used in anger for a longer period ?

I've used the BMW bluetooth unit with my RT for the last two years - in a System 6 Evo, not a GS helmet though.

100% faultless...

ditto, 3 years on,100% faultless system 6 evo....

..sounds like it may be worth the money then.... I guess the only downside is the inability to connect to a radio...

I have the GS Trophy helmet with the BMW comms, looks so nice, quality is awesome, paired to my Nav 5 and iPhone 6.... Major disadvantage is trying to pair with other helmets (you cant unless BMW of SRC) or even trying to find a kit that will allow another BMW unit to be fitted to a different helmet (my wife has an HJC) so I also have the E1 Hunter that I use when riding together or if she is pillion. Someone needs to sort a "bluetooth adaptor" than can TX/RX any bluetooth headset

Quote Originally Posted by Wokkaman View Post
    I have the GS Trophy helmet with the BMW comms, looks so nice, quality is awesome, paired to my Nav 5 and iPhone 6.... Major disadvantage is trying to pair with other helmets (you cant unless BMW of SRC) or even trying to find a kit that will allow another BMW unit to be fitted to a different helmet (my wife has an HJC) so I also have the E1 Hunter that I use when riding together or if she is pillion. Someone needs to sort a "bluetooth adaptor" than can TX/RX any bluetooth headset
    Thanks for that posting, great info.. I have the helmet currently using with a Packtalk, I think I'll keep the packtalk..

I have the Interphone F5MC. The iPhone is connected to the Nav 5 and the Nav 5 to the F5MC. I have no issues with connection at all regarding intercoms, phone call, music or navigation.

The only small point is that the navigational directions are very quiet compared to the other comms but I have seen another thread where this is mentioned.

The next step is having Ultimate Hearing www.ultimateear.com specially made earplugs with in ear speakers. They are on order and once received they will be grafted to the F5MC so as to be able to remove the original speakers. Should provide perfect sound with no wind rush and longer life on the F5MC.

The point of me putting this on here is that IMHO, it is a much cheaper option.

I'm just not right in the head

My YouTube Channel, if you're interested

I have one and had the board replaced under warranty other than that its a good unit with 10ish hours battery life, after which to recharge [its not detachable unlike other third party units] you need to plug into the helmet onboard micro usb cable.
    Caution : May stop suddenly