Recommend a twin battery charging splitter thingy wozname....

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I going to fit a second battery to my Polaris to power the feck-off quality 180w LED light bar, the winch and the Squeeze's heated jacket.

I need a gizmo that keeps the two batteries isolated but charges them both when the motor is running.

Shed pullers and wobble boxers must use them surely?

What's recommended?

:nenau

Are you fitting the additional battery because the original is only of a small capacity and the accessories mentioned have flattened it whilst it's running? If this isn't the case i.e. the original battery isn't going flat because of the accessories during use and it were mine, I would join the new battery in parallel with the original. Both batteries will then share both the load and and the charge from the vehicle.

If the vehicle charging system struggles to power all the accessories, you could use a trickle charger when the vehicle's not being used so the batteries are always fully recharged after each use.

I definitely don't want the two batteries in parallel as I MUST be able to start the engine if out in the boonies.

I'm looking at a Blue Sea 7611 but there may be better out there...

Can't think of why you wouldn't be able to start the engine of second battery was connected in parallel

Can't think of why you wouldn't be able to start the engine of second battery was connected in parallel

Because both batteries have been flattened by excessive use of winch, lights etc.....

:nenau

In this kind of application (same as leisure batteries in caravans and wobbleboxes) you never compromise the battery you need to start the vehicle. It's just not good design or practice.

Back
Top Bottom