SCISSOR SHARPENING

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone who uses good scissors will understand - hairdressers are my main customer base (some of you may be), barbers, dressmakers/tailors, upholsterers, dog/horse/pet groomers, sail and awning makers, theatre costume makers....

If I can be of service, pleas eget in touch. A caring, personal and professional service guaranteed. If I may be so bold, I don't have a website, but I do run (sort of) a Facebook page - I am getting better at the social media thing.

https://www.facebook.com/Simons-Sharpening-Service-600911063377634/

I bet every single one of you knows a hairdresser or barber......please pass my contact details around.

Thank you.

There are quite a few hairdressers in the harley section .... :thumb2

saw an interesting piece on the one show this week when their resident hairdresser went to a scissor factory. Very interesting how good quality scissors are still made. Completely wasted on me, Ikea 3 pairs for £2 are quite suitable for my uses.

Good luck in your venture

saw an interesting piece on the one show this week when their resident hairdresser went to a scissor factory. Very interesting how good quality scissors are still made. Completely wasted on me, Ikea 3 pairs for £2 are quite suitable for my uses.

Good luck in your venture

Thanks chap - I have actually been doing it for many years, but am now ramping it up. I have a couple of pairs of hand made, Japanese damascus steel hairdressing scissors I have looked after for about 12 years the first pair - they are £1200 to replace. She is an International Hairdressing competitor - won the bridal section last year! I am crap at marketing though - all my work has come 'word of mouth'. The Facesplat page is my only and first venture into 'marketing'.

Damascus steel scissors sound fantastic, have seen a few guns with Damascus barrels but nothing else.

Thanks chap - I have actually been doing it for many years, but am now ramping it up. I have a couple of pairs of hand made, Japanese damascus steel hairdressing scissors I have looked after for about 12 years the first pair - they are £1200 to replace. She is an International Hairdressing competitor - won the bridal section last year! I am crap at marketing though - all my work has come 'word of mouth'. The Facesplat page is my only and first venture into 'marketing'.

My wife is a celebrity hairdresser at the top of her game. I totally get where you are coming from. The prices they pay for good scissors are right up there with a decent akro system! I have posted this onwards. I applaud your skill, knowing that these instruments are so delicate. My wife will not use a pair if she drops them. And she has the benefit of being left handed...

My wife is a celebrity hairdresser at the top of her game. I totally get where you are coming from. The prices they pay for good scissors are right up there with a decent akro system! I have posted this onwards. I applaud your skill, knowing that these instruments are so delicate. My wife will not use a pair if she drops them. And she has the benefit of being left handed...

OOOPS - sorry. No thanks! It means having to change everything around back to front to do them. There are so few lefties out there.....I haven't done a lefty pair for 5 years, so you get out of practise. I wouldn't like to risk it. She'll have to send them off to one of the big players.

Back
Top Bottom