Best armoured winter gloves

Rukka Argosaurus, recommended to me by a m/c plod, a couple of years ago. I ride in them in the winter and wet, so comfortable I recently bought a pair of the very similar with no cuff version.

I have the Klim Element Long gloves. They don't have armour on the backs of the fingers like the Rukka gloves, but they have in all the usual impact zones: palm-heel, outside of the wrist and the outside of the little finger, as well as the usual knuckle-protectors. They're Goretex and although I only have them since the start of the year, I've had mine in serious downpours and they kept my hands nice and dry. There's also a short version for people like Giles that don't like gauntlets.

I find it interesting that there are very few manufacturers being listed. Thank you to everyone for adding their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its always worth keeping an eye on the for sale items on here
I got a pair of HELD 2 in 1 for £90 I think i paid off here which I have used nearly every day throughout summer and on my trip to Iceland.
having tried this 2 in 1 style an been very impressed with them, I bought a pair of 2 in 1 RUKKA R gloves for winter use off here. again I think I paid £90
both pairs in excellent condition, like new in fact
highly recommend both sets of gloves
the RUKKA's are toasty warm especially with the heated grips on :p

:beerjug:

Andy

Where do you sale shop?

Muffs and summer gloves!

Fuck me! It took 27 attempts before someone provided the correct answer. Pissing with rain this morning and I was wearing my Weiss summer gloves inside Tucano Urbano's finest muffs with the Tracer's heated grips set to level 1.

you see that little tab at the top of the screen that says
'for sale/wanted'
:blast

BB will not see it as you have to subscribe to get access to clothing smothered in other people's DNA...

you see that little tab at the top of the screen that says
'for sale/wanted'
:blast

Thought I was subscribed but this app is having none of it. Will use a browser tmw to check. Was after new gloves tho, not preowned.

Thought I was subscribed but this app is having none of it. Will use a browser tmw to check. Was after new gloves tho, not preowned.

you joined in sept 2009 - I bet your subs expired last month and you ignored the email or have changed ISP...

Looked at Rukka but bought bmw 2 in 1. Haven't tried proof part yet because it hasn't rained when I've been out. Seems that gsa's scare clouds away.

I can say that they are very cumfy and bedded in really quickly too.

Main thing is to get ones that fit properly, the armour maybe excellent but is bugger all use if they fell off.

My tuppence worth.

Looked at Rukka but bought bmw 2 in 1. Haven't tried proof part yet because it hasn't rained when I've been out. Seems that gsa's scare clouds away.

I can say that they are very cumfy and bedded in really quickly too.

Main thing is to get ones that fit properly, the armour maybe excellent but is bugger all use if they fell off.

My tuppence worth.

Good advice! I think these may win out once I've tried a pair on. Seems many owners rate them highly.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 318
This is my all season glove http://motorbikegloves.org.uk/held-2046-phantom-tex-gloves/, but looks like is no longer made .But the Race Tex looks very similar http://www.fc-moto.de/Held-Race-Tex...dLvBIw02hrXJjSaZ2BcLemBaVK6a2yyh-0aAhXS8P8HAQ
I like the feel it gives and with heated grips its not a problem in - temp. At the time it was the waterproof version of the race glove, had it for 6 years and around 30000 miles it is still like new.

Thank you Zoltan.

looking for a pair of winter gloves that have a short cuff ,as the gloves with long cuff's are difficult to put under the sleeve of a jacket , any ideas would be helpful .

Back
Top Bottom