Best armoured winter gloves

Cotswoldshire

Reaction score
Please could everyone weigh in with their opinions, experience, recommendations and tales of armoured winter gloves. Waterproof versions a plus as I ride in all weathers and the grip shields on the GS are good but not perfect at keeping the rain off on a long ride. Good insulation is a must, of course. So far, this combination is easy to find in a mix of textile and leather but I wondered what you guys had found or used with armour. Some have knuckle armour but few if any have finger protection (that I've found). So please step up and add your thoughts below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 2 in 1 gloves look good. How long have you been using them? £130 seems fair, especially considering they're Gore-Tex lined.

Rukka twin chambers for me but not cheap at just under £200 . Out in minus 6 last year and very good

These look more like what I had in mind. The finger armour, albeit minimal, gives me more confidence. But at £229, they're £100 more than the BMW 2 in 1 mentioned above. May have to see if I can try a pair of each. Thank you.

The 2 in 1 gloves look good. How long have you been using them? £130 seems fair, especially considering they're Gore-Tex lined.

I believe they are basically the Held 2-1 glove, paid £170 for mine, had them over a year and still as effective now.

I ride all winter and have done for many years....I have had gloves from Rukka, BMW etc. If we ignore price by far the best gloves I have had are Richa Arctic gloves....much more comfortable for the long of thumb than the 2 in 1s, warmer and great quality....the price £80. Read the reviews, they are great.

I ride all winter and have done for many years....I have had gloves from Rukka, BMW etc. If we ignore price by far the best gloves I have had are Richa Arctic gloves....much more comfortable for the long of thumb than the 2 in 1s, warmer and great quality....the price £80. Read the reviews, they are great.

They're great value and I see they're Ride Recommended too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they are basically the Held 2-1 glove, paid £170 for mine, had them over a year and still as effective now.

I've not heard of Held before. I'm looking to replace my Alpine Star winter gloves, which are Gore-Tex liked. Problem I've had with them is the insulation gets sodden wet as the GT layer comes after this so my hands are dry but cold and they take forever to dry out after a really bad soaking. Besides, they're falling apart now.

I'd just go into any / as many of the major motorcycle clothing outlets as I could manage and try on gloves until I found a pair that suited MY hands and MY wallet best, not someone else's.

As to armour? I'd do two things:

1. I'd make a pragmatic decision of comfort, ease of use and price of the glove versus the presence of (or lack of) apparent protection

2. I'd wonder just how often I really intended to fall off

Lots of bods bang on about armour and protection (yes it does have a role) but then take up their fully ventilated unarmoured mesh gloves at the first hint of the mercury hitting 20 C, without a care in the world.

I'd just go into any / as many of the major motorcycle clothing outlets as I could manage...

... how often I really intended to fall off

haha! Yes, you're right of course. I've not been too impressed with the choices available from the stores I've been to. I need to try the BMW gloves. As for falling off, I've never considered planning which trips to plan this is in. Maybe somewhere soft like a lush green field with a coffee shop on-site?

I can not get on with great big cuffs and thick winter gloves. I like the tactile dexterity of something a bit thinner and hate gauntlets with a passion! Maybe it's the luxury of the south east weather, maybe a fair old bit of protection from the brush guards on the adventure bikes, but I don't have a 'winter' pair of gloves.

And on that note ...

Poor Rosy bought me a pair of winter bike gloves last Xmas and I have never worn them. (Ever!).

If anybodies interested in them I'll stick them on the for sale section ...

http://www.fowlers.co.uk/shop/buffalo-thermo-sport-gloves-745

https://brumersmotorcycleshop.com/buffalo-thermosport-motorcycle-gloves

Its always worth keeping an eye on the for sale items on here
I got a pair of HELD 2 in 1 for £90 I think i paid off here which I have used nearly every day throughout summer and on my trip to Iceland.
having tried this 2 in 1 style an been very impressed with them, I bought a pair of 2 in 1 RUKKA R gloves for winter use off here. again I think I paid £90
both pairs in excellent condition, like new in fact
highly recommend both sets of gloves
the RUKKA's are toasty warm especially with the heated grips on :p

:beerjug:

Andy

Weise Montana H20 are my new work gloves.

Very good bit of kit, maybe not the outright best but not a bad bit of kit for the money

Back
Top Bottom