Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kawasaki KH250

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie comet View Post
    OP....Does my ageing eyesight spot some sort of NSU Quickly as your avatar ????.....Tell all, possibly in a new thread....PLEASE....
    Jonnie only been on here for 6 years with this avatar, but not a NSU , its a Rabeneick Binnetta , to all intents and purpose its just like a quickly , but it has rear suspension (oil filled) and a Sachs 50/2 engine. I love it its 59 years old and trails me by a year. Approx 5 years I rode it to Liverpool, not content with this I put it on the Mersey ferry and went over to the Wirral. 100 miles took me 6 hours, great job in terms of blowing out the exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by steve hughes View Post
    Jonnie only been on here for 6 years with this avatar, but not a NSU , its a Rabeneick Binnetta , to all intents and purpose its just like a quickly , but it has rear suspension (oil filled) and a Sachs 50/2 engine. I love it its 59 years old and trails me by a year. Approx 5 years I rode it to Liverpool, not content with this I put it on the Mersey ferry and went over to the Wirral. 100 miles took me 6 hours, great job in terms of blowing out the exhaust.
    Many thanks for the info' Steve.....

I thought that I had heard of every bike on the planet, but I've NEVER heard of a Rabeneick Binnetta....As you say, very much like a Quickly (I had a number of them fortyish years ago.....well made things, and went really well for the day)

We seem to have drifted off Kawasaki triples......

I agree we have diverged, but then life is a series if turns or even U turns, its a super bike and with magneto start, starts every time even after a 4 month winter with old fuel. It shames new bikes.

That's a lovely looking bike. I picked up a lime green one in mint condition for £120 a few months after learners were banned from riding them and wish I'd got it in the garage now

My first bike. Bought it for 539 quid new. MKJ845P

Loved every minute!

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Just jizzed, cracking looking bike, remember in 78 a guy at college had the lime green metallic one , I had an xs250 , jealous as fuck, especially as the kh was cheaper and looked thd bollocks.

My neighbour has one in their garage that hasn't moved since the restriction to 125cc for learners. Whats that, 1978/79, and they're not interested in selling it. Although I'd assume the crankcase seals must be more dry than a very dry thing and need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by BillWright View Post
    I'd assume the crankcase seals must be more dry than a very dry thing and need replacing.
    ....that's a definite ....MAYBE....

Whatever, if the rest of the bike is good then it's all worth doing. Absolute 'minters' are be advertised AND selling for circa £5K/£6K....

....that's a definite ....MAYBE....

Whatever, if the rest of the bike is good then it's all worth doing. Absolute 'minters' are be advertised AND selling for circa £5K/£6K....

.......and the rest......KAWASAKI KH250B2 IN STUNNING UNMARKED CANDY RED TWINSHOCK CLASSIC NOT BARN FIND | eBay

How much was this one up for, its ended when I followed the link?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by steve hughes View Post
    How much was this one up for, its ended when I followed the link?

Cheers

It was on a classified ad' at £6,999.....as in one quid under £7K. The last time that I looked (this morning) it said 'Provisionally Sold'.....and now it's gone, so I GUESS it did sell for circa £7K......

I bet that brings you a warm glow......

It was on a classified ad' at £6,999.....as in one quid under £7K. The last time that I looked (this morning) it said 'Provisionally Sold'.....and now it's gone, so I GUESS it did sell for circa £7K......

I bet that brings you a warm glow......
    Thanks Jonnie, it does now I know it didnt have a four in front of it! Two strokes certainly seem to be on a march at present with all manner of RD's making good money. It will be interesting to see what the chancers at Stafford are after in April.

My brother had a hardtail NSU Quickly that needed a new output shaft (taper boogered so kept breaking the woodruff key). I wanted it. He never listened and gave it to a "mate" who trashed it within a week. Oh you should have said. I Fekkin DID you ****** AND I'd have paid money for it.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12