K1300s stalling issue

gebrauchtwagen83

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any experience of the engine cutting out occasionally when you roll off the throttle and then go to open it up again but it just can't seem to pick it up and dies.
Mine is a 2011. Yesterday it happened to me 3 times the most recent I was doing 70 on a dual carriage way, close the throttle and when I go to pick it up again just nothing. No noises, no coughing or spluttering. Had to free wheel across to the verge. Not good.
The limited research I've done suggests fuel quality but I'm sure it was designed to run on Texaco 95!
Once I've brought the bike to a stop , turned the ignition off and on it starts as normal. If I try to turn the ignition off and start it while freewheeling it won't start. Only when it's stopped. Odd.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Dan

It could be a throttle position sensor fault, or the tps itself needs aligning. There's a thread over on the eurokbikes forum about this but basically you disconnect the battery for at least an hour then reconnect it which allows the tps memory to clear. You then make the ignition but do not start the engine, then slowly roll the throttle fully open to fully shut three times over before switching off the ignition. This calibrates the tps sensor. You can then turn the bike on again and start the engine.

I had this problem and my mechanic friend took the Ide Control Unit apart and cleaned it.
There are three pipe connectors and the middle is blanked off but it was leaking and letting air in.
A piece of strong tubing with a plug pushed in the end was used to replace the original blank.
this was done in June 2016 and has been OK since.

Back
Top Bottom