UKGSer 'Dent event' Friday 19th - Sunday 21st May 2017

You might just have won the competition for best photo for the 2018 Decal Competition :D

i-NVzZDg2-L.jpg

:beerjug:

It'll cost you :D (although I see from the URL that you've already saved it to your Smugmug account, you little tinker :green gri)

It'll cost you :D (although I see from the URL that you've already saved it to your Smugmug account, you little tinker :green gri)

Yeah, but at much reduced resolution :nenau

Will need it at full res for decal use my dear :D

It will cost me nothing more than a bier or a coffee, while you might get the satisfaction that it was your photograph that not only made it to the final .... but won the competition :D:thumb

Yeah, but at much reduced resolution :nenau

Will need it at full res for decal use my dear :D

It will cost me nothing more than a bier or a coffee, while you might get the satisfaction that it was your photograph that not only made it to the final .... but won the competition :D:thumb

It's the first time I've ever won anything without even realising there was a competition :D

Many thanks yet again to Micky for another great Dent event. We enjoyed it a lot, and it turns out Dent makes a great stopping off point for Scotland :)

Ah well I will buy him a pint (Again) next time we meet

Yeah ... we'll buy him a pint Rick (again)

What with Norfolk Tiger, you (Redrick) and The Bear all chipping in after the event, along with a magnificent donation via PayPal from Dalesmade (Dave Yates) and a small sum from each Polo shirt/Sweatshirt sold, the figure is now at the +£1,400 mark :D

Good one guys'n gals :thumby:

Hi Micky,

I was hoping to make it up to Dent but life got in the way.

We've just been paid, so let me know the PayPal address for making a donation and I'll lob some wedge in your direction.

Richard

Hi Micky,

I was hoping to make it up to Dent but life got in the way.

We've just been paid, so let me know the PayPal address for making a donation and I'll lob some wedge in your direction.

Richard

You're a star Wappers, not right what some of them say about ya :eek:

dakargs@yahoo.co.uk

Micky....there is a special request for a bagpipe band for next years Dent. Do you have any contacts?

On the case ... on the case Gerard :thumb

Good man, Micky. Donation sent.

If you are struggling with the pipers, there's a bunch in Dagenham that are up for the gig. I hear that they blow like good 'uns.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rT4qNtIrd5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are struggling with the pipers, there's a bunch in Dagenham that are up for the gig. I hear that they blow like good 'uns.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rT4qNtIrd5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Richard ... very generous of you :thumby:

Mmmmmmmm Dagenham Girl Pipers :D

I hear they did blow like good uns,:D:beerjug:

Good grief, is this already a 'past event'? How time flies.
I greatly enjoyed my visit up there and was asked by a few folk, slightly incredulously, if I had come over "just for this''. Just! Well, after looking forward to it for some, I can say it was well worth it.

The effort that goes into making these work, behind the scenes, must be quite something; so well done Mick (again!). I thought it was tremendously generous of Kev to bring so much beer (and glasses!) for the cause - great to see you again.
The Saturday ride-out with JB, which was a drier version of last year's one, was excellent. I miss 3-d riding! Alan, (good jacket-bike colour coordination) patiently ran things things from the back and again, it was great to bump into you again.

I am not sure what I'll be riding to next year's bash, if Hermann is staying he might have to go and visit Mikeboy for some tlc. Or maybe I'll follow Packer's move eastwards. We will see.

Keep well everyone!

DB

Bugger the bagpipes, t'is yorkshire tha no's.

Brass band please Micky :thumby:

Cheers Dave.

Bugger the band, lets have a pie n mash waggon.

4812006963_62ab350408.jpg

Bugger that, ya can take your pie n mash van, if we're having a pipe band then keep the Scottish theme with the greatest example of fusion cookery ever, the haggis pakora :bow

Attachments

• 20150805_182419.jpg
    20150805_182419.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 348
Well folks .... £1,422.90 paid in to The Great North Air Ambulance :thumby:

Lovely letter from the GNAA. They flew 869 missions last year, it takes £4.5m every year to keep the helicopters in the air ... you've helped save lives :thumby:

People were chucking money in to the pot for Norm's bier and glasses to the tune of about £250.00

The raffle prizes Margaret so expertly auctioned off for us raised a further £178.50 above and beyond what the raffle itself made. Thank you to those that bid and entertained us :thumb

Extra donations were made by Rosie (Giles) Magnet and Harry the Cat, Cheeky Fork (I did him some earplugs after last years event and he threw a fiver extra in, and Annie Clayton.

After the event some lovely Tossers PayPalled me extra money for the GNAA, namely Wapping, Dalesmade, very generous Dave, thank you, Norfolk Tiger, The Bear, John Mullen (Johnnyboy) Redrick ... thank you one and all :thumby:

Thanks to the 'sponsors Richard at Wybone for the coasters, and Mark at MotoGrafix for the decals :thumby:

Thanks to all the raffle prize providers, some of which were very generous, two standing out were Marshalls BMW at Grimsby, and Wensleydale Creamery at Hawes. Also Alfie at Touratech GB .... also a much sought after, fought over, Dundee Cake from Gracie :D

... and thanks to all of you :thumby:

If I've forgotten anyone then I apologise :rob

i-VjTrjHb-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom