Fords Run From LLangollen Saturday

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, there will be one.

No, I don't yet know the route.......with rain in the area, some of the crossings may be impossible.....

I'll be doing a recce on Friday and will have the route sorted.....If possible I'll put it up here but otherwise, if you'd like to come on the fords ride and have a GPS, the likely ones to be visited are HERE

Sorry I can't be any more accurate right now, but from the looks of the Wetroads site, some of these beasties will be quite fun and I want to see them first on the Recce before deciding for sure which ones will provide most oppurtunity for giggles :D

Bill

Fanum said:
Yes, there will be one.

No, I don't yet know the route.......with rain in the area, some of the crossings may be impossible.....

If you do the recce alone in Coed y Brenin wear a life jacket:eek:

(see you at the weekend, possibly:D )Tim

I have a sneaky that BHT will be with me...we're fitting knobblies to mine Friday morning and then it's off to play :D

Wooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Sadly I'm a day ahead of meself 'cos as a South_east engineer, I've got work in Burton on Trent, Melton Mowbray and Newark tommorrow, so I'm up here now and haven't had a chance to fit me snorkle and 'zorst periscope. :rolleyes:

Couple of comments on fords in that file I've been to :)

Pentredwr: You won't even notice it, it's a pipe under the road. Water level would need to rise 6 feet to get the road wet :)
Corwen: Unless there's been a drought recently I think you'd be lucky to get a GS through this. It's deep and fast (oo er).

The "cluster" of five fords in Snowdonia (Pont-y-lyn-du, Bedd-y-coedwr etc) - Last time I tried to visit those I came up against many locked gates on tracks etc. I wasn't sure of the access rights so I only managed to get to Pont-y-lyn-du which is definitely on a public road. You might need to investigate the OS map rather than relying on MapSource.

The fords that are listed as "F1" (suitable for all) really are quite tame, but still worth visiting :)

Back
Top Bottom