Advice..

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pricey but v.nice
Sell the ccm privately,maybe get a better deal for cash?
If you can afford to hang on to the old bike till spring,and drive a hard bargain on the new one,it may work out a lot better
Edit Had a better look,fetch the bling off and sell it ,makes the bike reasonably priced...
1st dibbs on the toolbox:D:D

Pricey but v.nice
Sell the ccm privately,maybe get a better deal for cash?
If you can afford to hang on to the old bike till spring,and drive a hard bargain on the new one,it may work out a lot better
Edit Had a better look,fetch the bling off and sell it ,makes the bike reasonably priced...
1st dibbs on the toolbox:D:D

I'm still thinking, more than I can afford at the moment & I'd need to sell my Sherco 290 as well and I really don't want to do that!
You're right, I'd get something back from some bits to take the overall cost down but...it's just not orange 😐

More I look at it the more I reckon I could live with the lack of orange! The alloy box's would probably get sold but that tool box would be a keeper :D
There's a bit of talk regarding the pre 2004 main bearings reliability (although reasonably easily fixed...was it a recall?) & a MCN report suggested pre 2004 engine reliability issues.

Was out on the CCM today and it goes like sh1t, punchy and responsive albeit having a compression ratio in the 9s compared to the Katooms 12s. The CCM has 17" wheels and is ridiculous fun but I'm constantly looking out for flashing blue lights now as it's a total hooligan bike :D
Would the more vibey (allegedly) 640 Adventure be a disappointment??

Mike.

I phoned about it...sold! Guy said that he'd never seen one that clean and with so many add ons, someone had bought it to follow the Dakar but decided that might not be such a good idea, the bike had never been off road..

I'm heading back towards the orange again :blast
I love the CCM but it's just not practical for any distance and I'd like something that I can throw some bags on and head off camping..preferrably at the end of a rough track or shitty single road somewhere :D

Sort of decided that a gs650 Dakar would fit the bill ( after previously owning a standard f650gs ) until I rode one recently with the intention of buying but it was so bland and dull after the CCM.
So, would £3k get me something 640 Adventurish ?

I'm heading back towards the orange again :blast
I love the CCM but it's just not practical for any distance and I'd like something that I can throw some bags on and head off camping..preferrably at the end of a rough track or shitty single road somewhere :D

Sort of decided that a gs650 Dakar would fit the bill ( after previously owning a standard f650gs ) until I rode one recently with the intention of buying but it was so bland and dull after the CCM.
So, would £3k get me something 640 Adventurish ?
£3 k would prob get one if you bide your time and can travel.
Have you ridden one though?
Now I'm not speaking from huge experience as I have not used mine in anger yet,as it's still a work in process.
But I must say it's not giving me a hard on,
The motor performs really well when your in the zone ,so to speak,
it's fast but lacks the low down torque that my modded funduro had.
For me ,a dirt bike needs low down snap,front wheel lifting torque for those "oh shit" moments.
I have ridden mine and another standard one,neither will lift the front wheel off the throttle ( both bikes on stock gearing).
So at present my bike is awaiting the forks coming back from being reworked and serviced.
Whilst apart I've fitted the flat slide pumper carb,which I'll report back on once I get it back together,but straight away,even blipping the throttle it spins up way better,and has the same bark that my 525 had.
Fingers crossed:thumb
Get a good ride on one:thumb

£3 k would prob get one if you bide your time and can travel.
Have you ridden one though?
Now I'm not speaking from huge experience as I have not used mine in anger yet,as it's still a work in process.
But I must say it's not giving me a hard on,
The motor performs really well when your in the zone ,so to speak,
it's fast but lacks the low down torque that my modded funduro had.
For me ,a dirt bike needs low down snap,front wheel lifting torque for those "oh shit" moments.
I have ridden mine and another standard one,neither will lift the front wheel off the throttle ( both bikes on stock gearing).
So at present my bike is awaiting the forks coming back from being reworked and serviced.
Whilst apart I've fitted the flat slide pumper carb,which I'll report back on once I get it back together,but straight away,even blipping the throttle it spins up way better,and has the same bark that my 525 had.
Fingers crossed:thumb
Get a good ride on one:thumb

Interesting thoughts, no I haven't had a ride on one and although living in the north east of Scotland has advantages it also has equal disadvantages...lack of access to green lane and a lack of choice when it comes to seeing/trying/buying something else!
Your bike will be well modded when you get it to your liking so that means that a standard 640 Adventure might also feel a bit uninspiring :hide

I like grunt and I also like quite raw and basic and my CCM644 ( with 150 mains, 27.5 pilots, an open end can & KnN ) gives me that, it goes from the off, combine that with WP front and rear & it feels pretty damn good...the Dakar unfortunately didn't.
The CCM has the longer swing arm and 17" wheels so it won't lift the front on throttle either but with a slight change in gearing and a set of enduro wheels it almost certainly would..and maybe a Kent cam for mid range boost :D

I'm even more undecided now ?

Don't want to come across as being too negative about the bike,
Things need to be looked at from a proper perspective,
I have come from two very well sorted bikes, to the new one that I'm starting from scratch with.
It hopefully has a lot of potential!

You're not being negative, just honest.

I just want the engine feel of my CCM in a 'sensible' set up frame and increased tank range (90 miles to reserve at the moment with no optional larger tank available).

Have you had a farkle with the 690 lump yet ?

Back
Top Bottom