Thread: BMW navigator 5 help

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

BMW navigator 5 help

I've tried planning routes in 2 ways:

- putting a final destination in, then adding other towns into the active route. This way if i bypass a town centre on route it keeps trying to route me back to the town centre I've missed i.e. If I want to go a to c via b it keeps sending me back to b until I reprogram the route

- using the app function to put in towns a, b, c. However, this way it asks me to put in a specific street, which most of the time I don't know, so I end up guessing and getting the same re-routing issue as above

I don't really want to plan routes in advance on a laptop. Really just do on the fly on the unit itself

What's the best way? I think you may be able to tell it to ignore destination b once you get close and carry on to c? (Using example above)

Thanks

Blimey, your Sat Nav is shit ....... It can't even direct you to the correct forum

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdi...hp/46-GPS-Info
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1

The towns you are entering are waypoints, that is why the device is sending you back through any you miss.

There are several ways to avoid the problem, maybe the easiest is to use the skip function. For example:

A to E via towns, B, C and D

Ride off on your way, following the route A to B. Go through B and all is so far well. Get bored, so you decide to miss out C and go straight to D. Push the skip button and the device will recalculate you through to D and then on to E.

thanks - sounds like that's what I'm looking for. Easy when you know how!

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

There's a setting to add the "skip" button to the map screen...