RapidBike EASY - initial thoughts

I`m not knocking hilltop whatsoever as I think they are brill and does us bikers proud but their system is easily `seen` once plugged into the BMW diagnostics. The easy and Evo are electronically `invisible` when the blanking plug is inserted and the mapping returned to OEM settings.

it cannot be seen more info call me
thanks
geoff hilltop motorcycles ;-)

fitting

How difficult is it to fit one of these yourself? Thank you

The fitting instructions are basic but just about adequate to fit the unit yourself if you have a good amount of mechanical and electrical knowledge to translate what is needed into practical application.

Other than that if you would like us to install and set up the unit for you, by prior arrangement of course that is fine also. We do provide an excellent set up service bespoke to your bike and offer you the opportunity to watch and have a free breakfast/ lunch while we do the installation for the modest price of £150 which includes correct routing of the harness and heat shield protection / application where necessary.
Once the unit is fitted we do an on road set up trim test to make sure the system is operating at its optimum.
Basically it's up to you which way you would like to go.
Kind regards

Or as Thorr said, you can simply fit the AF-XIED and know exactly what it is doing and how it works: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?56990-2004-R1150RT-Wideband-O2-Sensors.

Since I've installed, tested and reported how every other add-on fueling device works and what it's limitations are, and since I still have two bungs in my exhaust, I'd be happy to test what an Easy does and with data report on how it does it. Mark, if you or anyone would like to make the loan, let me know.

So, our bikes are running like crap because the air/fuel ratio (AFR) has been leaned out because of Euro emission regs.

We get our bikes running properly by fitting a device/remapping to set the AFR to what it should be for optimum running (13.7:1).

Isn't this defeating the Euro emission regulations?

How long before such devices/ remapping are banned?

Are we not just as guilty as Volkswagen in cheating the system?

Where are our environmental concerns?

So, our bikes are running like crap because the air/fuel ratio (AFR) has been leaned out because of Euro emission regs.

We get our bikes running properly by fitting a device/remapping to set the AFR to what it should be for optimum running (13.7:1).

....and yet the very latest 2017 with E4 emissions run really smooth with good fueling!

I´m not exactly sure how to answer that - as you say you have no complaints about your bike.
In my case, it helped alot as at low to mid range RPM the bike was constantly hunting & bucking. Impossible to keep smooth when filtering or in city traffic. Now it is rock solid.
However even with bad fuelling, i worked around it with rear brake and clutch slip so i can´t honestly say i had any helmet bashing moments.

Will the unit smooth out your gearchanges? In my opinion - NO. As only you decide how smooth those are with timing & practice.

Thanks for the update eisen77 much appreciated. How difficult is it to install? I'm a total numpty when it comes to electrics.

Like Neoviper says , it cannot be seen by BMW , I know I have checked . So I'm not sure how you came up with the notion it can be seen Mark ..

Only what I have already read and heard fella, here`s just one example below, that`s all! Ride safe :beerjug:

"-Had a Hilltop re map - modifies and achieve power by flashing the ecu - can be removed by the author but is complex and leaves a footprint"

De-catting an exhaust is far more harmful to the environment than adjusting the mixture so an engine runs properly. Real world emissions tests on cars have proven they pollute far more than the lab tests suggest.

The only way to completely deal with environmental concerns is to not ride bikes/drive cars which will never happen.

Thanks for the update eisen77 much appreciated. How difficult is it to install? I'm a total numpty when it comes to electrics.

The only problem is to route/zip tie the cables correctly. Apart from that, all you have to do is unclip 2 lambda sensor plugs and plug the module in.
Though not rocket science, i recommend you have your local mechanic to it properly so the job is done safely. It will be a very quick job for someone with experience.

The only problem is to route/zip tie the cables correctly. Apart from that, all you have to do is unclip 2 lambda sensor plugs and plug the module in.
Though not rocket science, i recommend you have your local mechanic to it properly so the job is done safely. It will be a very quick job for someone with experience.

Thanks for your reply eisen77. I'm tempted to give it a go.

Only what I have already read and heard fella, here`s just one example below, that`s all! Ride safe :beerjug:

"-Had a Hilltop re map - modifies and achieve power by flashing the ecu - can be removed by the author but is complex and leaves a footprint"

:blast:blast

Back
Top Bottom