Stuttering/cutting out.....again....

Spoke to a mechanic today on an unrelated matter... mentioned my problems and he said it could be the pump relay/diode/thingy that's attached to the top of the access cap for the fuel tank, the triangle shaped aluminium thing with fins on it?
Mentioned there is a bypass or something that can be done

Spoke to a mechanic today on an unrelated matter... mentioned my problems and he said it could be the pump relay/diode/thingy that's attached to the top of the access cap for the fuel tank, the triangle shaped aluminium thing with fins on it?
Mentioned there is a bypass or something that can be done

Does he think it's April 1st :D that was a problem with 1200s :beerjug:

After ignoring it for a while, I decided to do the bypass mod, it made it way worse....... kept cutting out rolling the throttle off.
Does anyone know if all the newer pump controllers off the gs1200 and s1000 are the same? The part nos' are different but they look the same except they are black (meaning they are the newer type)

Hi, if you suspect fuel pressure or starvation may I suggest connecting a fuel pressure gauge to bike, if it drops & then cuts out it's a pretty good indicator..
then assuming it's dropping you then have to decide if the pump has an interrupted electrical supply..
If pressure is maintained then look elsewhere i.e. Coil packs etc

Good luck

Fuel pressure is available on the GS911.

I had a failing fuel pressure regulator which was reading to low causing massive over-fuelling.

Fuel pressure is available on the GS911.

I had a failing fuel pressure regulator which was reading to low causing massive over-fuelling.

I thought it was but wasn't sure, it needs checking at the time of stalling (as it happens) is this possible with Gs911 ?
I have an old one & it needed connecting to my laptop to get the readings as low fuel pressure wouldn't necessarily set an error code..
Please correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a couple of years since I used mine..

Hello.
I am now in Salta, Argentina and I had the same symptoms.
when the tank was full everything was o.k. when was less than half engine suddenly stop while driving.
I thought of it because of the heat and altitude.
After removing the fuel pump I am discovered the strainer attached to the pump was out.
For now ewerything is o.k.
Maybe this information can help:D
Bernard

Thanks all..... its all sorted, changed the pump regulator, went up the road and thunk it stopped again only this time it was dead as a door nail.... a bit of cursing and swearing did nothing... when I went to put the side stand down to get off the bike all the dash came back to life which led me to the side stand cut out switch...... (hangs head in shame from ignoring the post about 15 previous to this one) disconnected it and fiddled a bit with it and cable tied out the way, 4 days later and all is running perfect.

Back
Top Bottom