Anyone own up to this?

I don't understand why they didn't just move it to the side of the road. Not rocket science!

Wow, after the Boston bombings they allow a bike with a bag strapped to a large container of fuel to be in the middle of one of the most congested parts of the race? The mind boggles.

Update . . . . . . . .

Well today I bribed someone with a cup of coffee for information :D. "Apparently" the TV production company covering the event got the GS owner to drive a cameraman around the course. He was not experienced & was not one of the "proper experienced" bikers that cover the RAS (bicycle race) and other big events. The wheelchair race started first and was followed by others, meanwhile the camera man and Gser were distracted and never thought of where they had abandoned the bike :blast. The biker is not on the re hire list for 2017.

I don't understand why they didn't just move it to the side of the road. Not rocket science!

You know how much an 1150 weighs and the little wobble you get as they drop off the centrestand...is it really a good idea for some random unprepared person to try and move that thing....it wouldnt have ended well me thinks.

You know how much an 1150 weighs and the little wobble you get as they drop off the centrestand...is it really a good idea for some random unprepared person to try and move that thing....it wouldnt have ended well me thinks.

Hub cap under the rear wheel, lift front, slide it out of the way. A couple of teenagers from a disadvantaged area would have done it in no time! Probably would have done it for free too if they were told they could keep the bike!

Back
Top Bottom