BIKE SHED TOMORROW

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am visiting the Bike Shed tomorrow (the one at EC1), for a bit of a ride out and some inspiration, anyone else around or fancy a ride out???

I was there yesterday for a Sunday lunch of roast beef. Restaurant was packed, usually 50/50 split between bike riders and Joe public, as it has been everytime I've been. Have a relaxing sit down and chill out on an old leather sofa in the room next door to the restaurant and let the food digest. Nice place with plenty of atmosphere if having a drink of an evening.

Total hipsters paradise, its a clothes shop that sells kitch helmets for warehouse living graphic designers. £14.50 for a burger chips and cold coffee....

Try Krazy Horse or the Ace if you want to go to a Biker venue.

One good thing tho, once the hipster trend dies out in a year or so, there will be lots of nice, mildly customised street bikes and café racers for sale.....

Total hipsters paradise, its a clothes shop that sells kitch helmets for warehouse living graphic designers. £14.50 for a burger chips and cold coffee....

Try Krazy Horse or the Ace if you want to go to a Biker venue.

Or better still, if price is your only consideration, go to McDonalds, food will be utter shite of course but you can take comfort in knowing you've only spent £3.99 for 'a meal'.

I went there (Bike Shed) for lunch a while back and thought the food was good and the place was really nicely done out. Of course it isn't cheap, they are in a location that probably has the most expensive rent/rates in the whole country. I suppose they could have turned it into more of a bikers hovel type place but then they undoubtably would not have survived 5 minutes.

If the decor etc keeps away the twat suit wearing, panniered up GS riders, that can only be a good thing. They'd only be knocking over tables with their empty panniers when they ride in anyway :D

I take my hat off to the fella, he's taken one hell of a gamble/invested shit loads and it seems to be paying off.

One good thing tho, once the hipster trend dies out in a year or so, there will be lots of nice, mildly customised street bikes and café racers for sale.....

Yeah sure, I would imagine exactly the same was said in the seventies about the whole 'chopper trend'.

Wood Boy has a point Dozey, if yer looking for "cheap".... Best stay out of Londinium.....overheads are high..so prices are high.....you'll find the same in Cambridge...as Brexit invariably leads to the rise in price of turnip stew...or whatever the local fare is.........:D

And another thing Dozey. It isn't actually a prerequisite to dress in check shirts and selvedge denim to attend. When our very own Doris was last there he wore a fleece.

Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

I was at Krazy Horse yesterday and they do a super bacon sarnie with a salad garnish and everything. :thumb2

Had a hoon on this. The quickshifter is insane! :bounce1

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 349
Well, I think you are all full of shit, so no change there, however, you do all seem to be filling up beyond the 'F' level on the gauge right now:nenau

Are you all going through a micro life crisis thing? Anymore than 2 quid for a coffee and you are along for the ride......It costs more because of where it is, fuck me you lot will be believing your own bullshit next.

Well, I think you are all full of shit, so no change there, however, you do all seem to be filling up beyond the 'F' level on the gauge right now:nenau

Are you all going through a micro life crisis thing? Anymore than 2 quid for a coffee and you are along for the ride......It costs more because of where it is, fuck me you lot will be believing your own bullshit next.

What, even me? :eek

I mean, the others, yeah I get it .......but me? L'ill ol' me?? :(

Andres

You're sore about the slow, inevitable rise in price of turnip stew thing aren't you, petal...I can tell.....

Back
Top Bottom