Best deal on a Nav 5?

scorp888

Reaction score
Firstly any one local to KT18 that would let be have a look at one (in exchange for a pint of course :) I'm curious what they are like on the bike. I'm also suprised that BMW won't demo them on the bikes as well, as they that bad?

So I know a lot of the dealers are doing them at £500-550.

I just missed 4 on ebay for 450...grrr work.

Anyone know of any other good deals on them?

Anyone think the sudden rash of discounts means a Nav 6 (with the same mounting presumably) is coming? (Zumo 959LM based? - So faster processor Virb compatibility etc)

Cheers

When I test rode my GS, dealer gave me a Nav 5 to use on the ride. They are good and well integrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly any one local to KT18 that would let be have a look at one (in exchange for a pint of course :) I'm curious what they are like on the bike. I'm also suprised that BMW won't demo them on the bikes as well, as they that bad?

So I know a lot of the dealers are doing them at £500-550.

I just missed 4 on ebay for 450...grrr work.

Anyone know of any other good deals on them?

Anyone think the sudden rash of discounts means a Nav 6 (with the same mounting presumably) is coming? (Zumo 959LM based? - So faster processor Virb compatibility etc)

Cheers
I have one for sale here with a large SD card and latest maps (including lifetime updates);
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/437685-R1200RS-Goodies-(many-also-fit-R1200-GS-ADV-R-RT)
£450 is a bit lower than I'm after, but PM me a reasonable offer and we'll see :aidan

If you can get one from a BMW dealer for £500 then go for it - mine was £600.

They do come up on Ebay comparatively cheap.
Lowest one I can find in completed listings was £320.

Yep - but they're effectively second hand as far as Garmin are concerned - no warranty.

I only discovered this as I was trying to answer a question about whether the warranty on one bought from a genuine BMW dealer is transferable (which isn't clear either way).
Seems like one bought with a bike might be covered (with a copy of the original invoice) but if you get it on eBay you're on your own.

Details HERE;
Online auction purchases: Products purchased through online auctions are not eligible for warranty coverage. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.

I'm not convinced it's a big deal, as I've had numerous units and none of them ever went wrong during the warranty period so it's a moot point (and their repair service is reasonable anyway).
But best to be aware what you're getting into when buying "new" from an eBay listing...

Cheers for that, makes buying from the dealer more attractive then.

That may be the best course of action - as the Nav 5 is not without problems (on what seems to be a significant number of units)

Al

Confirmed with dealer yesterday, so given a choice between £450 ebay and £500 dealer, it makes much more sense to pay the little bit more and get 2 years piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom