Sheer Audacity !!

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok,I'm mad,and I give it 3 posts before Jetjock and co find there way in here,but I just bought my first Guzzi.
Part exd my Africa Twin and got a VERY good deal on a new Audace.
It's over in Jersey and I'm in Guernsey so I've not even seen one in the flesh,let alone sat on it or ridden it.
I'm shipping the AT over in a few weeks when back from work and the Audace will be shipped to me on 25th.

Sod the Triple Black,which needs further painting (eh Nutty !!).

This is the Quadruple Black !!!

Should be a nice difference to my new Husky 701 SM and the KTM Super Adventure 1290R when that pitches up early next year.

f7c2dd7f9b87c43c72b0a622843de297.jpg
d46b21e9ba5d08edf95d5a7f0ff1bbc7.jpg
1341fee1289d043892d4da778b9ef12c.jpg
b762dbfe5f2f5b76ebabafac4e45e1a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

198c2a645693c20fc00bf2ee928c6299.jpg
5d923c35b5a842082e15320ee9069aa5.jpg

Bike Mag tested one against the Ducati XDiavel and Harley CVO Breakout in their September issued and the Guzzi came out the winner,not that it had any influence on my decision.

04e8251fdfa5d61ff6fa41ef9bd2cea9.jpg

96daf3ca5d51201b2b58653b2f6f95c4.jpg

I like the new Cali 1400 SE, but these are stunning.:thumb2

I do love my triple black MG 1200 Sport (but unfortunately never get to ride it) and that Audace looks great but somehow I prefer the Caufornia with the panniers and the different saddle , driving lights and with the chrome grab handle surround that "surrounds " the seat . With that in mind I was very surprised to see they have dropped the California form the range , I can't see that "batman" monstrosity being more popular than the Califronia.

looking forward to what you think of it.

I'm riding this at the minute. Tempted to buy a new cali but have yet to find anybody who has ridden one of the new ones.

Attachments

• cali.jpg
    cali.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,336
I do love my triple black MG 1200 Sport (but unfortunately never get to ride it) and that Audace looks great but somehow I prefer the Caufornia with the panniers and the different saddle , driving lights and with the chrome grab handle surround that "surrounds " the seat . With that in mind I was very surprised to see they have dropped the California form the range , I can't see that "batman" monstrosity being more popular than the Califronia.

I agree. Mistake to drop Cali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that had a wee run on one of these in the summer... looks the nadgers.... interesting step down from the twin or step up?

Sideways step !!!!

I've got a KTM Super Adv 1290R coming in March and the Audace will hopefully be a nice bike to potter around on locally and nip to Brittany on,etc.Obviously totally different to what I'm used to.I did have a Suzuki M1800R when they first came out and loved that.
I've also got the Husky 701SM so will be 3 very different bikes when I have them all.
I've just seen that Quarry Bank near Brum have one in the showroom and it's only an hour away from the gf's place so I'm going to wander up and take a look,and see what the hell I've bought !!
laughing-smiley-001.gif

.........has 21inch front wheel so handling not great :

Did you read that in a magazine? You've clearly not ridden an 1190R then if you think 21" wheeled bikes can't handle?

Anyway, enjoy the new bike, not my kinda thing I'm sure it'll be an absolute hoot to ride :)

Andres

Did you read that in a magazine? You've clearly not ridden an 1190R then if you think 21" wheeled bikes can't handle?

Anyway, enjoy the new bike, not my kinda thing I'm sure it'll be an absolute hoot to ride :)

Andres

Engineer says so,so it must be true :rob

Andres
Thanks but I've been riding a bike with a 21" front wheel for the last 12 years and know how great the handling is!! But the MGX21 has a very large profiled tyre and combined with the oversized rim means low speed handling is shite allegedly

Sent from this Android pile of shite using Bolloxchat

Popped up to QB Bikes. Jetjock was sat at the coffee bar

6d3156457f76cc0a1946bcf41678cb07.jpg

Anyway, bike is huge !!! Nice though !

c6050d30b9c7345f9c54e887f0213e9a.jpg
40d44e15ee7b7d0dc0dc1e14a503ea99.jpg

Some nice V7s too but they are so dinky

0638506ce8ffb1d4304b9af757a7e2e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but I've been riding a bike with a 21" front wheel for the last 12 years and know how great the handling is!! But the MGX21 has a very large profiled tyre and combined with the oversized rim means low speed handling is shite allegedly

Sent from this Android pile of shite using Bolloxchat

So have I (longer actually) :p

So........you did read it in a magazine then :D

Mind you, so did I.....supposed to make the front end pretty weird feeling...........

Andres

So have I (longer actually) :p

So........you did read it in a magazine then :D

Mind you, so did I.....supposed to make the front end pretty weird feeling...........

Andres

I read it in about 4 mags !!!! (I get Readly app on iPad so dont pay for all individual mags).
It's something to do with the 21" rim combined with a fat tyre.Your 1190R and my 950 Adv/950SE/Africa Twin all had narrow tyres so the drop in of the big rim was negated but when you have that large rim and the fat tire,then it will be very resistant to turn and then suddenly drop over,which is what the mags all separately concluded.
Not that I would have got the MGX21 anyway,as its £17k with VAT and just a bit to wacky for my taste.

Is that your bike then in QB ?
Did they still have the white Vespa GTS with the side car ? I Fancied that for a larf :D

No,mine is in Jersey but I just happened to be staying with girlfriend an hour from QB and she was working all day so thought I would mosey on up and go see what I've bought !!

Yes,Vespa side car still there.

There's something really charming about Guzzis. I've always loved their engine, so much better looking than the boxer.

Back
Top Bottom